• ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Blog: Public school assignment: 'must argue that Jews are evil'

First it was the anti-2nd amendment assignment. Then it was the abdication of rights for safety. Now this? Who can honestly tell me this isn't about indoctrination?

Despite all that, I'm willing to let it slide as one extremely stupid teacher. But how do you explain this?

The comments of the Albany school superintendent reported by the Times-Union are not very reassuring either:

Albany Superintendent Marguerite Vanden Wyngaard said. She said the assignment should have been worded differently.

"I would apologize to our families," she said
    She "would apologize"? That is a conditional statement, which means she isn't apologizing yet, but she would if something else happened. Or maybe she just doesn't understand the language she is using. Once again, the question is: evil or just stupid?

"Worded differently?" What, so it would be less obvious that the teacher is a Jew-hater?

Is she just another unfortunate victim of government schools that is suffering from an inordinate ignorance of the English language. Or is she playing the two-step with the spin doctor and trying to make an apology without apologizing? Why wouldn't she want to apologize? How is this NOT grotesque and wrong? And the next time a teacher wants to assign a persuasive essay writing assignment and has for the context a slave owner who must convince the local elected officials why slavery must remain legal because blacks aren't human and therefore there is nothing morally wrong with forced labor, there will be no qualms, right? Right?

But it's just an isolated incident, I suppose.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    That's how the education is. As a current student I really don't think the text books present information all that badly really. The problem is that it is routine for the teachers to abandon usage of the books to teach their own agenda or take on history. If we pitched the tenure system perhaps we'd see better public education. Very little over sight over what is taught as long as students pass the standardized tests. Some "educators" even make the point of stepping into rooms that aren't theirs to lecture students about their own opinions. Even the most widely held historical facts are debated by some of these crackpots.

MetalMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Howard County
    Is it just me, or is it evident that progressives will go after any group that displays unity. They even go after people that have historically supported their agenda, like in this case. How long is it going to take for people to realize that just because they support the progressive agenda, it doesn't make them immune from the progressive persecution???

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    This is why I chose from very young not to go to college despite previous advice. Hell I was homeschooled and learned that it is stupid to go to high education just to be taught little by teachers when you yourself are responsible for your retention of information all the while spending upwards of 3,000 dollars a year for community schools or upwards of 10,000 dollars a year just to get a paper that says you are qualified in a skill you may never ever realize in a job that doesn't give a crap of your knowledge.

I prefer to spend my time schooling myself in what I need to live a normal life and use experience and skills to show my qualifications while spending my $50k+ on my family and future preparedness system.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Life is inherently educational. You are born knowing nothing. These days, especially, nearly anything you could possibly want to learn can be attained for free and with relative ease.

When a moment of education happens in an institution allegedly designed for imparting knowledge, such happenstance is, generally speaking, purely coincidental.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    My son had a fourth grade teacher who was always telling the class that they lacked integrity. I found her to be a very negative teacher. She spent more time being negative and talking down to the children than actually teaching the class.

One of her assignments for the class was to tell about a time they were caught lying and what happened to them for doing it. My son was very upset with this assignment because he had never lied so he would have to lie in order to complete the assignment. My son has always been one to follow the rules and this assignment caused him major grief. I ended up writing the teacher a note explaining to her that my son wasn't a liar and could not truthfully answer her question. I told her that I had him write about a time someone lied to him and how that made him feel instead.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Is it just me, or is it evident that progressives will go after any group that displays unity. They even go after people that have historically supported their agenda, like in this case. How long is it going to take for people to realize that just because they support the progressive agenda, it doesn't make them immune from the progressive persecution???
    They don't only go after groups, they'll single out anybody. When they feel the need to victimize to satisfy their personalities, they'll use any and every excuse for doing it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    That's how the government education is. As a current student I really don't think the text books present information all that badly really. The problem is that it is routine for the teachers to abandon usage of the books to teach their own agenda or take on history. If we pitched the tenure system perhaps we'd see better public education. Very little over sight over what is taught as long as students pass the standardized tests. Some "educators" even make the point of stepping into rooms that aren't theirs to lecture students about their own opinions. Even the most widely held historical facts are debated by some of these crackpots.
    FIFY

This is why I chose from very young not to go to college despite previous advice. Hell I was homeschooled and learned that it is stupid to go to high education just to be taught little by teachers when you yourself are responsible for your retention of information all the while spending upwards of 3,000 dollars a year for community schools or upwards of 10,000 dollars a year just to get a paper that says you are qualified in a skill you may never ever realize in a job that doesn't give a crap of your knowledge.

I prefer to spend my time schooling myself in what I need to live a normal life and use experience and skills to show my qualifications while spending my $50k+ on my family and future preparedness system.
    What does college have to do with it?

Either I'm too subtle or nobody really gets the point (or two).

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    was he also born in a manger?

He should have been, he's an awesome kid. He'll be 18 this week and has still never picked up lying or other bad habits. I have never had to get on him to do his homework. From an early age he determined 7:00 was his time to do homework and he has always done it at that time.

After school he will spend between a half hour to two hours just hanging out with me. He will discuss recent political events, past historical events or whichever video game he is currently playing.

He will do any chores I ask him to do. My only complaint with him is that on mornings when he is tired he can be a little on the grumpy side. Other than that he's an awesome kid.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    He should have been, he's an awesome kid. He'll be 18 this week and has still never picked up lying or other bad habits. I have never had to get on him to do his homework. From an early age he determined 7:00 was his time to do homework and he has always done it at that time.

After school he will spend between a half hour to two hours just hanging out with me. He will discuss recent political events, past historical events or whichever video game he is currently playing.

He will do any chores I ask him to do. My only complaint with him is that on mornings when he is tired he can be a little on the grumpy side. Other than that he's an awesome kid.

You are telling me that you believe that your son has never told a lie?

You must be one heck of a parent. My kids were lying to me by 12 months or so.

Top Bottom