Not open for further replies.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm beginning to think she said she wants God to help her hate white people for shock value and as a power play. Sort of like saying, "I can walk down the street screaming, 'Kill all the Honky, Cracker Neanderthals and burn their babies alive!' and no one will even try to stop me because it's OK to hate whites."

Anyway, she got what she wanted; she's famous.

Oh my gosh! I just realized I assumed her gender and pronouns. I guess that show just what a Neanderthal I am.
    Nah, just a DEPLORABLE :abused:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This^^^ You can call your friend a 'stupid ****' but how would you react if a total stranger did so. I have heard my old school uncles in Philly call each other or friends 'wop' or 'pollack' all in good fun and camaraderie, a stranger doing the same would be in for an ***-whipping. Unless you REALLY know the people involved, you just don't use those words because context controls whether it is harmless fun or offensive. I have to believe it is the same with the N-word

If 'but some entertainer did it' is somehow an excuse then our standards have fallen further than I thought
    When I was in college I had two roommates. One was white, the other black. We all were pretty good friends. Hung out, did stuff. Sometimes stuff none of us would be proud of today but stuff that stupid college kids do. One time the white roommate jokingly called the black roommate a spastic n****r (hard R). Sometimes friends assume that familiarity allows them to go anywhere with the usual male banter.

The white roommate was obviously joking around, like we often did with each other. When he said it, I looked over at the black roommate to see how he was going to react. I could tell that he was at least taken aback by it. There are just some places you just don't ever go, even with our closest friends. And if we know them well enough, we'll know where those places are that we just don't go. Unless we're complete morons, like the white roommate.

So as I think back on that, I think it's possible that the story could be true. But even if it was true, that doesn't make that racist bitch's book any less racist.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    When I was in college I had two roommates. One was white, the other black. We all were pretty good friends. Hung out, did stuff. Sometimes stuff none of us would be proud of today but stuff that stupid college kids do. One time the white roommate jokingly called the black roommate a spastic n****r (hard R). Sometimes friends assume that familiarity allows them to go anywhere with the usual male banter.

The white roommate was obviously joking around, like we often did with each other. When he said it, I looked over at the black roommate to see how he was going to react. I could tell that he was at least taken aback by it. There are just some places you just don't ever go, even with our closest friends. And if we know them well enough, we'll know where those places are that we just don't go. Unless we're complete morons, like the white roommate.

So as I think back on that, I think it's possible that the story could be true. But even if it was true, that doesn't make that racist bitch's book any less racist.
    Just speaking to the post chain that quote was appended to as well to the idea that peeps should be able to use insults, without expecting consequences, because they heard entertainers do so

I think Ms Walker-Barnes is off the rails also, but for a different reason. Anyone who actually has a relationship with God knows that praying for the destruction of others because we do not like them will never work. The piece is so phrased for shock value and as virtue-signaling, because she knows nothing will come of its premise so she can use it to 'reveal her true feelings' or something

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just speaking to the post chain that quote was appended to as well to the idea that peeps should be able to use insults, without expecting consequences, because they heard entertainers do so

I think Ms Walker-Barnes is off the rails also, but for a different reason.
    Anyone who actually has a relationship with God knows that praying for the destruction of others because we do not like them will never work. The piece is so phrased for shock value and as virtue-signaling, because she knows nothing will come of its premise so she can use it to 'reveal her true feelings' or something
    Even I knew that she does not understand the Bible if she thought that was actually a thing that belonged in a book supposedly about devotions. It is indeed shock value, but it's part of the woke rhetoric too.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Quentin Tarantino?

:):

AlertExemplaryAustraliancattledog-size_restricted.gif

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    This^^^ You can call your friend a 'stupid ****' but how would you react if a total stranger did so. I have heard my old school uncles in Philly call each other or friends 'wop' or 'pollack' all in good fun and camaraderie, a stranger doing the same would be in for an ***-whipping. Unless you REALLY know the people involved, you just don't use those words because context controls whether it is harmless fun or offensive. I have to believe it is the same with the N-word

If 'but some entertainer did it' is somehow an excuse then our standards have fallen further than I thought

Ummm... I don't invite strangers over to my house for dinner.

Also, it's not just anonymous celebrities using that language. My high school was about 25% black and every single one of those kids was saying it non-stop... and that was 25 years ago before everyone apparently became more racist. Indeed, our standards have been on the floor for a long, long time.

To keep this conversation in the framework in which it began... The statement was that woman is straight up lying. My statement was only way I could imagine it being a true story is in the context that I described. If you believe there are people that invite black friends over only to call them the N "er" word from the comfort of their own tables, with that intent, then I have nothing further to add to the conversation.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ummm... I don't invite strangers over to my house for dinner.

Also, it's not just anonymous celebrities using that language. My high school was about 25% black and every single one of those kids was saying it non-stop... and that was 25 years ago before everyone apparently became more racist. Indeed, our standards have been on the floor for a long, long time.

To keep this conversation in the framework in which it began... The statement was that woman is straight up lying. My statement was only way I could imagine it being a true story is in the context that I described. If you believe there are people that invite black friends over only to call them the N "er" word from the comfort of their own tables, with that intent, then I have nothing further to add to the conversation.
    Based on 1193 => 1197 => 1198 I stand by the assessment. Personally, I would never use either the 'a' or the 'er' version. There just is no reason for anyone of any skin tone to use either version in polite company. It is not a word that carries some unique, essential meaning that could not be conveyed by less loaded phraseology

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

"...the people involved in [cancel culture] have no real problems."

Can confirm. I know of someone who is in agreement with pretty much the spectrum of wokeness and, I'm not gonna say she has no problems at all. She's raising a special needs kid, and that's not easy. But, her husband is a partner in a firm, they're pretty well off financially. They don't want for anything other than to be offended on behalf of the little people who need their voice. So they also do special ****. to...yes. Raise awareness. They'll go around to all their friends and family, asking for sponsors, walk 5 miles to raise awareness. Oh. Real help? You mean like get our hands dirty? Oh no. Can't do that. Gotta take the girls to vollyball. Forget the fact we have the time to collect sponsors and walk 5 miles. Raising awareness of our virtue the cause is a very important step!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom