• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I thought they were the ones driving the push for ever more emojis because everything screen based has to be video game/cartoon adjacent to keep them happy

Why not just do away with offing emojis altogether. We existed for decades without them, and as they seem to be belatedly realizing they are stupid, unprofessional and ambiguous
    : )

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I thought they were the ones driving the push for ever more emojis because everything screen based has to be video game/cartoon adjacent to keep them happy

Why not just do away with offing emojis altogether. We existed for decades without them, and as they seem to be belatedly realizing they are stupid, unprofessional and ambiguous
    : )
    Unprofessional?
    I'm retired. EVERYTHING I do is unprofessional.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Unprofessional?
    I'm retired. EVERYTHING I do is unprofessional.
    But the cited article is centered on interactions at work, not after hours among friends - although I'm sure they are just as triggered when friends do it

I recall at one time use of proper punctuation in an SMS was triggering for some reason. Now there was a level of abstraction I was happy to accommodate

Since the one guy[?] was kvetching about how he had taken the time to compose a nice message and at least others could take the time to compose a reply, is there a gold/participation trophy emoji that could be used in place of thumbs up? If not, there should be

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    For about two million years we were happy with cave art and sophisticated grunts. Right now I don't remember why we abandoned that system. Maybe it was because of the great cave shortage.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    There sure is a lot of stupidity in military choosing ad agencies and approving the crap turned out. This almost has to be because of crap in the military management level.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    But the cited article is centered on interactions at work, not after hours among friends - although I'm sure they are just as triggered when friends do it

I recall at one time use of proper punctuation in an SMS was triggering for some reason. Now there was a level of abstraction I was happy to accommodate

Since the one guy[?] was kvetching about how he had taken the time to compose a nice message and at least others could take the time to compose a reply, is there a gold/participation trophy emoji that could be used in place of thumbs up? If not, there should be
    From MS Teams
    Trophy

From Webex
    1665863329381.png

Sadly, neither has it available as a reaction to a message.
    1665863257489.png
    1665863234735.png

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid from Harry Potter) passed away.
    And of course twitter SJWs are coming out to say how they wanted bad things for him.
    Because he's 'phobic'.
    Basically, when JK Rowling mentioned that trans women are not real women, he defended her.
    She never said anything phobic against trans, but wouldn't agree with the crowd that they are real women.
    So, she was labeled a TERF (Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist).
    And, he defended her, so..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom