• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thursday weight day. Down 24.2 pounds. 2.6 pounds this week. Feeling great. I was able to switch from my bigger belt to my smaller belt. From 36” waist to 34” waist pants. I had bought 34” waist pants in preparation of losing weight, oh, about 2 years ago, LOL. When I graduated high school I think I wore a size 28” waist pants but I was also 6’0” and grew another 3” out of HS.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    213 yesterday morning. Now it's time to shoot up to 217 for a couple of weeks before I come down to 211 or 212. The yoyo stuff drives me crazy, but at least I'm going further down than I am up.

In the past year, I think I've lost about 40 lbs. I am down from a ladies 3X to a 2X, size 24-26 to a solid 20. (In men's that's a 2X shirt to an XL, and 46 pants to 40.) I am officially at my lowest weight in about 15 years. I am now approaching "chubby" or "thick" as opposed to "sloppy fat". It's so hard to not look fat when you're 5' tall.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    213 yesterday morning. Now it's time to shoot up to 217 for a couple of weeks before I come down to 211 or 212. The yoyo stuff drives me crazy, but at least I'm going further down than I am up.

In the past year, I think I've lost about 40 lbs. I am down from a ladies 3X to a 2X, size 24-26 to a solid 20. (In men's that's a 2X shirt to an XL, and 46 pants to 40.) I am officially at my lowest weight in about 15 years. I am now approaching "chubby" or "thick" as opposed to "sloppy fat". It's so hard to not look fat when you're 5' tall.
    Do you weigh daily or weekly?

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Started Oct 2021 with struggling to do 20 pushups and 20 situps, took like an hr.
    Im up to 133 pushups and 60 situps in a set max.
    Waist was 38 and now 34.
    Ive never been this lean, workout 6 days a week. The journey has been fulfilling at age 43, the odds were stacked against me but I kept showing up and pushing forward.
    "With great sacrifices come great rewards."
    View attachment 303713
    I read your post a couple days ago and could only do 9 crunches and 9 push ups. I used to do a hundred at a time and hundredS in a day. But that was a long time ago.

Today I did 11 crunches and 11 push ups, two different times.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I have a lady friend that weighs herself everyday. That would drive me nuts but waiting once a week to weigh myself is just as crazy making.
    I would recommend weighing yourself at the same time, under the same circumstances, however often you weigh. I find first thing in the morning, after (ahem) evacuation and before I've ingested anything (water, coffee, etc.) to be the best time for consistent weight comparisons.

Once a week is good for tracking overall trends while minimizing daily fluctuations. Even better, though, is to weigh yourself daily, but to compare the rolling 7-day average. There are apps that will do this for you (I think one is called HappyScale, or something?).

Under no (except maybe for some edge cases?) circumstances does it benefit to weigh multiple times within a given day. There's simply too much variability.

Nacho Man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Hamilton County
    I read your post a couple days ago and could only do 9 crunches and 9 push ups. I used to do a hundred at a time and hundredS in a day. But that was a long time ago.

Today I did 11 crunches and 11 push ups, two different times.
    You know what to do.
    I took all the negativity in my life and used it as fuel to prove the haters wrong. Plus some motivation from David Goggins (*_*)

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I would recommend weighing yourself at the same time, under the same circumstances, however often you weigh. I find first thing in the morning, after (ahem) evacuation and before I've ingested anything (water, coffee, etc.) to be the best time for consistent weight comparisons.

Once a week is good for tracking overall trends while minimizing daily fluctuations. Even better, though, is to weigh yourself daily, but to compare the rolling 7-day average. There are apps that will do this for you (I think one is called HappyScale, or something?).

Under no (except maybe for some edge cases?) circumstances does it benefit to weigh multiple times within a given day. There's simply too much variability.
    I weigh every Thursday morning. I look forward to it.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    When I dieted by counting calories I limited it to 1500 calories a day for 2 lbs a week loss. I used MyFitnessPal to catalog calories. I would get from 250 to the lowest was 219 or 220 a number of times over the last 12 years then I would gain it all back.

So far while eating a low carb diet I am losing weight without much exercise. I still work but at a computer so am fairly sedentary. I do need to walk more. Low carb means 20 grams of carbs or less a day. It’s weird and boring but a benefit is the time I get hungry is now sometimes as long as 24 hours.

I loved Costco chocolate chip cookies but don’t crave them anymore. That is part of cutting carbs.

Sugar and carbs are addictive. I found out something interesting. When you give up one addiction another can take its place. For me it was heavy cream which you can have on a low carb diet. Lactose is a sugar. I ended up drinking my coffee 1/2 heavy cream. Once I learned that I quit heavy cream altogether and I think the reason I lost an extra pound last week.

bluemist

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2023
    Midwest
    Down from 206 lbs. on 8/6/2023 to 190.2 this morning. Strangely enough watching previously hidden veins surface is really satisfying.

Lifting 3x/week and jump rope 45-60 minutes most days at moderate intensity and finish sets with as much speed as possible. Typically 3-4 minute rounds with 70 seconds of rest between each set.

I bought a garmin watch and I’m actively working on increasing VO2 max. It’s got me at 44. I haven’t figured out how to crack that code yet. Maybe I need to start running outdoors to pump that number up, but I’m afraid of looking stupid.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Down from 206 lbs. on 8/6/2023 to 190.2 this morning. Strangely enough watching previously hidden veins surface is really satisfying.

Lifting 3x/week and jump rope 45-60 minutes most days at moderate intensity and finish sets with as much speed as possible. Typically 3-4 minute rounds with 70 seconds of rest between each set.

I bought a garmin watch and I’m actively working on increasing VO2 max. It’s got me at 44. I haven’t figured out how to crack that code yet. Maybe I need to start running outdoors to pump that number up, but I’m afraid of looking stupid.
    When improving yourself, don't let looking stupid get in the way.

I like looking stupid!

The end product will have people asking you how you got there and then all of a sudden you are a genius

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Maybe I need to start running outdoors to pump that number up, but I’m afraid of looking stupid.

Nobody is paying that much attention to you. Run where and when you want.

Now, allow me to preach to you the gospel of trail running. I find it much more enjoyable than street running, and even while going slower I burn about 50 calories a mile more due to the uneven terrain, curves, etc. Also much more difficult to get hit by a car...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The only person I ever pay attention to running is the guy who runs up and down the road I live on every morning. Always has a scowl on his face. Always runs in the middle of the lane facing traffic on a narrow country road. Won’t get out of the way. Expects cars to go around him. And wears clothes to run in that are difficult to see, especially when it’s dark. As if he’s daring someone to hit him.

I think most people don’t watch runners much. Unless they’re providing a reason to watch.

Top Bottom