The Funny Picture/Video Thread, 15th Edition: Be more like Coleman.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    LPcW9b3.jpg

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I can remember bending a few pennies to fit inside battery terminals of salvaged jalopies on their way to the Derby. Desperate half measures called for because all the adjustment was used up.
    One time it took two.
    Quick revival, though.

We didn't have to worry about whether or not it was copper back then.
    :thumbsup:
    Wow, this prompted a 50-something year old memory.

My dad had a Karmann Ghia for his commute to Indianapolis and back (to Nashville). Great gas mileage for the time and relatively inexpensive.

Anyway one day he’s driving between Allison plants in Indy when most of the shift lever broke off, leaving a little nub just above the pivot point. He grabs a pair of vicegrips out of the glovebox and clamps them on the nub. This sufficed until he could get to the VW dealer on the weekend.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Wow, this prompted a 50-something year old memory.

My dad had a Karmann Ghia for his commute to Indianapolis and back. (to Nashville). Great gas mileage for the time and relatively inexpensive.

Anyway one day he’s driving between Allison plants in Indy when most of the shift lever broke off, leaving a little nub just above the pivot point. He grabs a pair of vicegrips out of the glovebox and clamps them on the nub. This sufficed until he could get to the VW dealer on the weekend.
    Yup. That'd be your dad. I'm sure you miss him more than I do but I counted him among my friends and I miss his smile and humor.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Alamo, when your Dad worked at the park, I always made sure to see and talk with him. AS I thought a lot of him. I liked his Camaro he had then. I had enough of VW,s as that is all my Dad would buy.
    That Camaro was my Dad’s 60th birthday present to himself, I think. It was a beauty. One of these days I’ll have to find a picture of it and put it on the classic car thread.

And I thought a lot of your pops, he was a character. Unfortunately I didn’t really know patience0830’s dad, I think met him a only a couple times at school function maybe.

Top Bottom