The Funny Picture/Video Thread, 15th Edition: Be more like Coleman.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    packaged-goods-my-friends-dog-ate-pot-brownie-yesterday-o

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Ok, I have to thread Jack a little. We had a somewhat similar story happen in my family, only with a chair that my grandparents owned. It turns out it was one of the first pieces of furniture made in the colonies and dated back to the mid 1600s.

My mom said she knew it as the ugly chair in the foyer that people would throw their coats on when her parents would have dinner parties when she was a kid. My grandfather loaned it to a small museum in New Haven, CT in the late '60s because he knew it was valuable and didn't want to carry the insurance on it. It stayed there until well after he died in 2001. Eventually they called the family to see if they wanted it back.

It was supposed to go to my uncle, but unfortunately he died of early onset dementia about 7-8 years ago, so my Aunt took it to Antiques Roadshow to see if it was worth anything. They told her they wouldn't even appraise it because it was too valuable. They put her in touch with the head of Americana at Sotheby's Auction House and he called my aunt within 48 hours and was like, "I know that chair. It's in the New Haven museum, right?"

Long story short, it was the anchor piece in Sotheby's Americana auction in 2018 (I think) and was on the cover of their catalog.

It has a super interesting history. It was owned by the Mansfield family, who came to the colonies from England in 1639. It was eventually gifted to a member of my maternal family, William Merriam, sometime during the Revolution. We've traced my ancestors (Merriam's) back to an officer on The Mayflower, and we're related to the famous publisher of Merriam-Webster dictionary fame.

Anyway, the chair sold at auction for more than $300,000. It was a pretty wild few months.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Once time, I was shooting a match and had to use the porta potty, I closed the door, and left my ear pro on, while going pee i farted (sometimes when it rains, it thunders!)

And it was so loud, my ear pro kicked in, and blocked the sound! Yes my ear pro kicked in to save my hearing!

I chuckle to myself every time I read a story or meme about farts!

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Once time, I was shooting a match and had to use the porta potty, I closed the door, and left my ear pro on, while going pee i farted (sometimes when it rains, it thunders!)

And it was so loud, my ear pro kicked in, and blocked the sound! Yes my ear pro kicked in to save my hearing!

I chuckle to myself every time I read a story or meme about farts!

'Twas a shame the other contestants weren't wearing nose pro.

Top Bottom