The Funny Picture/Video Thread, 14th Edition: Ketchup Farts, Dog Sneezes and Misspelled Tattoos

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I want that oil level monitoring for my truck.
    My 2007 Silverado has an oil level monitor.

To me, the funny part is being directly told to add oil....and then asking what to do.
    One of my vehicles back in the 80's had a DIY Oil Level Monitor
    When I braked a little hard - the Oil Pressure Light on the Dash Flickered --- time to add a Quart of Penzoil
    My wife’s Jeep renegade has an oil sensor that will shut off the engine if the oil gets too low!

And also has a tsb about that type of engine using too much oil!

2018 Jeep that uses enough oil in less than 3000 miles to shut itself off as too not damage the motor…we’re in a “mileage test” now, we just did an oil change, we have to drive it 1500 miles, then take it back to the dealer for them to measure the volume of oil in the engine, if it’s below a certain level, we get a new motor…but it has to be 1500 miles, cause she wasn’t paying attention and drove it almost 3000, and we had to do another oil change and another 1500 miles (no Jeep can’t do math, cause they couldn’t use the volume level and double it for 3000 miles)

L C H

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2022
    Bedford
    My wife’s Jeep renegade has an oil sensor that will shut off the engine if the oil gets too low!

And also has a tsb about that type of engine using too much oil!

2018 Jeep that uses enough oil in less than 3000 miles to shut itself off as too not damage the motor…we’re in a “mileage test” now, we just did an oil change, we have to drive it 1500 miles, then take it back to the dealer for them to measure the volume of oil in the engine, if it’s below a certain level, we get a new motor…but it has to be 1500 miles, cause she wasn’t paying attention and drove it almost 3000, and we had to do another oil change and another 1500 miles (no Jeep can’t do math, cause they couldn’t use the volume level and double it for 3000 miles)
    I wonder what stops a customer from draining a little bit to get a new motor?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    (no Jeep can’t do math, cause they couldn’t use the volume level and double it for 3000 miles)
    Oil usage would not necessarily be linear. It may use less when the oil is new and then use more as time goes on....or vise-versa depending upon what is going on with the engine.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Pic thread people, pic thread. Take the oil change talk somewhere else.

Geez, where's a new mod when you need one?

r9o618duozf01.jpg

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Pic thread people, pic thread. Take the oil change talk somewhere else.

Geez, where's a new mod when you need one?

r9o618duozf01.jpg

@004 F-150 Heritage, V-8 and 4X4, that looks just like it. Pluss it is mounted horizontal just to make sure you get oil running down your arm. Jim.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom