• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    While waiting on a friend to leave for the links this morning I had the tv on in the background while getting ready. It just so happened to be the Today show. I wasn't paying much attention to it. However it caught my ear when I heard a segment come on called The Experts. It consisted of three people with one being Star Jones and I did not know the other female or male. I then thought, "Oh God here we go". One of the subjects was the Treyvon Martin case. Which angers me because I believe he followed stand your ground to a t so there should be no debate. However, that's beside the fact. The female other than Star Jones (who made some STUPID comments herself) went on to say, "the real question we should be asking ourselves is why was he proactively carrying a gun? That's the real question".

I don't have much time to go on as I'm about to leave but long story short I yelled at the tv, went to the safe, looked at my collection, and reminded myself that not all people are ready when seconds count, but I am. :rockwoot:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    It's not nice to wish something harmful on anyone but these people need to either be the victim of a crime or come so close to it that they have their eyes opened. Unfortunately being close doesn't always work. Richard Cohen, a very liberal rag writer from New York City had an intruder in his apartment one night. He described his terror at hearing the person creaking up the stairs toward his bedroom while he sweated out the cops' arrival. He stated that at that moment he would have given anything to have had a gun. The cops showed up and scared the guy off. Cohen's conclusion? "Well the police's prompt arrival showed that I really didn't need a gun after all." He didn't learn a thing.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    People in general dont want to prepare for things because if they do then they know that their peaceful little world may be upset some day. I (and alot of us here) are of the mindset that if i prepare for bad things that COULD happen then if/when they do happen my world is not turned upside down. Its only turned slightly on an angle.

With this whole Treyvon case....I have heard multiple things on it but by no means follow it. Is it a shame the kid died? Yes no doubt about that at all. I dont know about you and take my opinion for what you pay for it but if you are out running around like that i would have to say it would be VERY rare that someone would at random without good reason pull out a gun and shoot you let along chase and shoot you.

Top Bottom