• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I had to replace one and rebuild another carb on my lawn equipment from the crap ass fuel they are shoving up our tail pipes.
    The chain saw (new carb and tune up last summer) will not run either. Hit it with starter fluid and it pops right off until it burns all the fluid. Prime indicator the carb is in need of attention. It's a lot of happy horse :poop: in my book.
    I had the same thing happen to me with my mowers and lawn equipment.
    I've been using nothing but ethanol free gasoline in all my lawn stuff for several years.
    It's available at the Countrymark station in Lebanon.

Also, here's a website that has listings of stations that sell ethanol free gasoline.
    I don't know if it's all inclusive or totally current.
    https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=IN

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You can buy aviation fuel which is even better if it is fir saws, mowers and the like…
    I have not bought 100LL octane av gas in a long time. I used it in a motorcycle and the guy at the airport would not pump it in a highway vehicle. Said it would cause him legal troubles. If I brought a couple of 5 gallon cans and said It was for a my plane at a private field he would make me write down the tail number before filling the cans. I was a partial owner of a Piper Cherokee if anyone would look it up, and some of the gas did go in the plane.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have not bought 100LL octane av gas in a long time. I used it in a motorcycle and the guy at the airport would not pump it in a highway vehicle. Said it would cause him legal troubles. If I brought a couple of 5 gallon cans and said It was for a my plane at a private field he would make me write down the tail number before filling the cans. I was a partial owner of a Piper Cherokee if anyone would look it up, and some of the gas did go in the plane.
    It is the same way with racing gas at stations that sell it. You have to have a gas can to free pump it.

Reactions: Leo

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner

I don’t disagree with much of what he said.
    My criticism would be most of the increase in corn acres is from the decrease in wheat acres not the cleaning of new land. Kansas, Nebraska and the Dakotas have all become major players in both corn and soybeans, that was unheard of 30 yrs ago.

Grain based ethanol took off because it uses the same infrastructure as the other grains. harvesting, storage and transportation is virtually the same.
    Cellulose ethanol is a completely different process, it requires different harvesting, storage and transportation than grain, Its a big risk and leap from one to another.

We definitely need another crop to compete with the corn/bean monopoly, wheat is no longer a viable crop at least not on its own. Something like switch grass ethanol looks good to me but I have the shared equipment with hay. 90%of the farmers in my area would have no idea how to handle such a crop and very little desire to learn.

guardman7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Heck, idk much about it but I always felt like I was pumping a little bald eagle **** into my tank when I gas up my old k1500 on American ethanol at the local co-op

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had the same thing happen to me with my mowers and lawn equipment.
    I've been using nothing but ethanol free gasoline in all my lawn stuff for several years.
    It's available at the Countrymark station in Lebanon.

Also, here's a website that has listings of stations that sell ethanol free gasoline.
    I don't know if it's all inclusive or totally current.
    https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=IN
    The old Marathon station in Claremont has become a Country Mark. My son picked up 2 5's from me today and its maybe 10 minutes plus roll out there. He filled them up with real gasoline and we will now not have to work on everything if it sets for any length of time.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The old Marathon station in Claremont has become a Country Mark. My son picked up 2 5's from me today and its maybe 10 minutes plus roll out there. He filled them up with real gasoline and we will now not have to work on everything if it sets for any length of time.
    That's great.
    Another station I can go to instead of Lebanon.

Top Bottom