The don't make em like they used to.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Here are the details from the video

The barrel of a gun ranges's rental Taurus stainless steel 357 magnum blew clean off after we fired about 20 rounds threw it. I happened to be taking video at the time. The guy shooting had some slightly burned and battered fingers but was otherwise fine. Ammo was factory Magtech bought at the range, and the only other ammo we had with us was 22LR

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Huh, I had no idea there was a revolver that you could use for long range/hunting and then turn it into a snubby for carry. Only Taurus would think of that. :dunno:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Regarding the "Huge fireball". Take a look at these stills from a video of an HK45 firing Remmington 230gr .45 JHPs

The fact the flash is not coming, primarily, out the front of the barrel leads me to believe there was a blockage.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    There was an awfully high amount of flash coming from the BACK of the cylinder. Me thinks squib, or a combination of weaker design (its a strong gun, but not a Ruger) and bad ammo, not to mention a beat to crap range rental. I would never rent a gun at the range after hearing horror stories from folks of them blowing up or malfunctioning.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Regarding the "Huge fireball". Take a look at these stills from a video of an HK45 firing Remmington 230gr .45 JHPs

The fact the flash is not coming, primarily, out the front of the barrel leads me to believe there was a blockage.

The HK45 isn't a revolver and therefore does not have any cylinder gap. I have several muzzle flash pics of revolvers shooting properly that look like there is more flash coming from the cylinder gap than from the muzzle (including one of me shooting an 8" .460mag and the big honking barrel is completely lost in the flash, along with part of the cylinder).

Not to say it wasn't a bore blockage issue, just that revolvers have a lot of flash that come from the cylinder gap that isn't noticable until on film.

Top Bottom