The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Having had the Dr hand me a running stop watch basically and living on past my expiration date I look at my life and wonder why I cleared the hurdle and others succumb to the terrible nature of this disease. I know full well what's involved and I shudder every time I hear of good people dealing with this.
    We're glad you're still here doing good, CM.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks. :coffee:

Both of my presses are mounted on boards so they can be clamped anywhere...like the concrete tops of the HHRP shooting benches. I also have a good reloading scale that can be run on batteries. I doubt you would need a powder measure for small runs but have one that could clamp to the shooting bench as well.

What else would you need?

If we took along a bunch of clean, sized and primed brass, we would just be adjusting loads and seating depths. The only other thing I could think of is a lab coat, pocket protector and graph paper.

I have a very good scale but don’t know if it runs on batteries.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

If we took along a bunch of clean, sized and primed brass, we would just be adjusting loads and seating depths. The only other thing I could think of is a lab coat, pocket protector and graph paper.

GM all. Coffee had, turkeys delivered back 2 school (finally). 88 - I love graph paper and scale ruler. Gets my creative juices flowing.

Sorry to hear of the BA situation. I can only wish him a peaceful journey, and although I never met him I will honor his legacy for bringing us all together. CZ!

Speaking of creative, spent a few hours behind the brush again. 4 of 16 finished. I forgot how calming the arts can be.
    aeda09e35e53a837a8509f25daf14a17.jpg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

Sounds like a plan. You working on .308 or other calibers?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sounds like a plan. You working on .308 or other calibers?

.308 is my focus. I have brass, primers, 5# of 4064, 2# N540, Hornady 150g FMJ and 168g Sierra Match King HPBT to work with. I’d like to work up a 150g load for the 716 and a 168g load for the Tikka.

All we need now is time and weather to shine. A nice calm 70 degree day would be perfect.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    GM all. Coffee had, turkeys delivered back 2 school (finally). 88 - I love graph paper and scale ruler. Gets my creative juices flowing.

Sorry to hear of the BA situation. I can only wish him a peaceful journey, and although I never met him I will honor his legacy for bringing us all together. CZ!

Speaking of creative, spent a few hours behind the brush again. 4 of 16 finished. I forgot how calming the arts can be.
    aeda09e35e53a837a8509f25daf14a17.jpg

I need to break out the oil paints again. Painting can really de-stress you. I have several that were never finished from back in the day that deserve being finished.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    .308 is my focus. I have brass, primers, 5# of 4064, 2# N540, Hornady 150g FMJ and 168g Sierra Match King HPBT to work with. I’d like to work up a 150g load for the 716 and a 168g load for the Tikka.

All we need now is time and weather to shine. A nice calm 70 degree day would be perfect.
    In addition, I have VV N140, N150, H4895, Varget, IMR8202XBR, SMK 175gr, etc.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I would try to find the Aero Precision buffer kit, or each of the 3 pieces separately. Aero has the kit and fde stock right now. The amount should get you free shipping (warning they are slow, even pre covid). If you sign up for emails, that gets you 10% off.

Here:
    https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15-rifle-buffer-kit

And here:
    https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/magpul-moe-rifle-stock
    Cancelled my dsg order and went with this recommendation. Saved $20 in total, and better buffer bits I'm sure. Thanks T-Dizzle! I owe you a slap and tickle.

Now I want to SBR the 10.5 Ruger. It needs a stock instead of a brace. Lord, I'm fickle.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Cancelled my dsg order and went with this recommendation. Saved $20 in total, and better buffer bits I'm sure. Thanks T-Dizzle! I owe you a slap and tickle.

Now I want to SBR the 10.5 Ruger. It needs a stock instead of a brace. Lord, I'm fickle.

There are few bargains that T-dogg can't sniff out of the ether of the internet.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    My wife was looking at the thread the other day. She asked why it said "R&D Department" below my picture. I said "because I do Research and Development for my friends". I told her that when someone wants something, they talk me into buying it and trying it out, then selling it to them at a discounted rate once I get bored with it. She didn't think it was all that funny.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    My wife was looking at the thread the other day. She asked why it said "R&D Department" below my picture. I said "because I do Research and Development for my friends". I told her that when someone wants something, they talk me into buying it and trying it out, then selling it to them at a discounted rate once I get bored with it. She didn't think it was all that funny.
    Tell her she's doing better than mine. At least you resell stuff.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Maybe she was confused because she didn't see "R&D Department" for H45 as well, but that's a whole other department.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If your wife doesn’t calm down, she’s gonna end up on a list somewhere. Can’t be interfering in all of our business like that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom