The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Just hate that for Rick and his family. Have to get a CZ in his honor.

Got some guns cleaned tonight. The bosses S&W .38 came first:). Gotta keep her happy.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Good evening psyko's. Friends I last visited BA this past Wednesday morning after he had fell several times on Monday. He was rushed to the hospital in Lafayette with a collapsed lung and not expected to live the rest of the day. Rick recovered but time is not on his side as the cancer is fully taken over and now has reached his brain. When I visited him he still had some humor left and wanted me to let all you CZ Hooligans know that he would be watching over us! We talked about the CZ's we have put together and his goals we met and the fun times had at CZ shoots and cheeseburger meet up with some of the miscreants we run with. We also talked about good times we have had from our childhoods to before his cancer bouts. His love for the Navy has never faded for BA who is a proud Master Chief!
    Last Thursday Rick was moved to the Golden Living Center-Sycamore Village, 2905 W. Sycamore St. Kokomo, In. 46901 if you would like to send a card I think he would enjoy getting them from the CZickness thread. He is heavily sedated and not in any pain and is now sleeping about 20 hours a day. Dan visits every day but told me he only last about 15 minutes before he drops off to sleep and he is losing his memory and gets confused easily. Cancer is such a devastating thing for a person to go through and Rick said he could never wish it on someone! I do not know if I will be able to visit him again but I was able to give him a brother's hug and as I left he said love you brother when I left his on Wednesday. I send my prayer's to Rick and his family as I know many of you have and I passed to Rick when we last talked and he was thankful for your prayer's.
    The good times from our past will always be remembered along with future good times too come in our group!
    Thanks for the report, and representing the thoughts of our group, Wizard.
    I know that this is all terribly difficult for you.
    I truly believe that Rick will be in a better place soon.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

I struggle with the news of what BA is going through. I lost both my Mother and Sister to cancer and watched both of then waste away until they were gone. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. As has been said often, cancer sucks.

I will pray for him and his family and the Wizard and his family as well. I wouldn't have so many CZick friends if it weren't for BA and his love of CZs, shooting and fellowship. I fondly recall CZ shoots, sharing cheeseburgers and hanging out discussing CZs. I have and have had many CZs because of him and I enjoyed them all. I will always treasure the CZ 75 Compact that I have, which he previously owned. Every time I open the safe or take it to the range, I'll remember him and how much joy he has brought into all of our lives. I'll miss BA and pray that his passing is peaceful.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning WTB

We have lost both of my wife's parents and my father to cancer. It is a horrible thing to deal with. This Friday is the 10 year anniversary since my father's passing and I've been thinking about him alot over this winter.

Like Rick, some of my fondest memories of my father are about guns. The last thing he and I did together, about a week and half before his passing, was go shoot guns for a day. It was a very memorable day. There was a break in the weather in Feb 2011 with abnormally high temps. We were told by the doctors that Dad wouldn't see spring. My boss let me take the day off to spend with my Dad and I am thankful he did. My boss at the time, was my friend Dave, who suffered the ruptured brain aneurysm and the same person ya'll helped me out with.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning Carlos. Very sorry to hear that. My Mother and Sister both dealt with their cancer and passed away while I was still living in MN. I got back for both to spend time with them, but will always regret not being here to be able to have spent more time with them. I've had that on my mind a lot, especially with Coach passing and now what BA is going through.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good evening psyko's. Friends I last visited BA this past Wednesday morning after he had fell several times on Monday. He was rushed to the hospital in Lafayette with a collapsed lung and not expected to live the rest of the day. Rick recovered but time is not on his side as the cancer is fully taken over and now has reached his brain. When I visited him he still had some humor left and wanted me to let all you CZ Hooligans know that he would be watching over us! We talked about the CZ's we have put together and his goals we met and the fun times had at CZ shoots and cheeseburger meet up with some of the miscreants we run with. We also talked about good times we have had from our childhoods to before his cancer bouts. His love for the Navy has never faded for BA who is a proud Master Chief!
    Last Thursday Rick was moved to the Golden Living Center-Sycamore Village, 2905 W. Sycamore St. Kokomo, In. 46901 if you would like to send a card I think he would enjoy getting them from the CZickness thread. He is heavily sedated and not in any pain and is now sleeping about 20 hours a day. Dan visits every day but told me he only last about 15 minutes before he drops off to sleep and he is losing his memory and gets confused easily. Cancer is such a devastating thing for a person to go through and Rick said he could never wish it on someone! I do not know if I will be able to visit him again but I was able to give him a brother's hug and as I left he said love you brother when I left his on Wednesday. I send my prayer's to Rick and his family as I know many of you have and I passed to Rick when we last talked and he was thankful for your prayer's.
    The good times from our past will always be remembered along with future good times too come in our group!

My prayer continues for Rick and his family/friends. He was the one who got me started on CZ's way back in January 2012. So many of them later and still many in my stable now....all because of his encouragement and love for them. I will never forget him and what he selflessly did for a "new guy". He is a gentleman and one that I will hold up in prayer from here. When it is time, he will be missed and fondly remembered. Thank you Losey for taking us along with your post.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning all. Saddened to hear about Rick. He brought us all together and I’ll never forget that. It was his enjoyment of CZ’s that brought two strangers together for a 2 hour road trip... The bond that was formed from that trip and meeting a lot of you all those years ago has been one of my life’s greatest trips...

I think it would be neat to track all the guns that have passed through his hands... The only one that I had in my possession of his for a time was Scratch.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good Morning : My People ...

Both my parents had cancer and it was horrific what this stuff does to a body. The treatments are just as horrific, it seems. Just so very sad for Rick. I didn't really ever get to corner him to really get into a deep convo with him and for that I am less - as he had a lot to give and did it freely, joyfully. He is a treasure to this group and I am glad I "saw the light". Made some lifelong friends in here too - him being one. Which is all because of Rick's gentle prodding and "selling me" on CZ's. GodSpeed brother - my prayer continues.....

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I need to get down to HHRP and work on some load development. I’d love to figure out how to build a portable reloading press so I could spend a day testing buy load, test, refine, load...
    Both of my presses are mounted on boards so they can be clamped anywhere...like the concrete tops of the HHRP shooting benches. I also have a good reloading scale that can be run on batteries. I doubt you would need a powder measure for small runs but have one that could clamp to the shooting bench as well.

What else would you need?

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    There is another place I hang out on the Internet, and we have a saying there that I can't type out here, but the short of it is "F Cancer".

We are keeping BA and his family in our prayers. Though I never met him, I enjoyed his posts here, and he was welcoming when I first started posting on INGO.

I have lost two of my grandmothers to Cancer, and it sucks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Having had the Dr hand me a running stop watch basically and living on past my expiration date I look at my life and wonder why I cleared the hurdle and others succumb to the terrible nature of this disease. I know full well what's involved and I shudder every time I hear of good people dealing with this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom