The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Enjoying a bourbon and listening to some Randy Newman, you can't not be happy when drinking and listening to Randy Newman.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Howdy KJQ.

I looked over the data collected yesterday on my .308 handloads and it matched expectations. After a few years of not reloading, it is a confidence booster to have the results of my loads match the published data so closely. Accuracy was promising as well.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    pics of the Elko please.
    This and motorcycle plz n thx

——————
    No adult beverages for me tonight, or most nights, just plain unsweetened iced tea. I did bust out the grill and make Mrs.BRC and myself T-bones and sweet taters for dinner.

My viper is supposed to be here tomorrow, need to dig out the STEP file for the foot print so i can get it milled in along with some front serrations and hopefully get it sent off to Allen.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    This and motorcycle plz n thx

——————
    No adult beverages for me tonight, or most nights, just plain unsweetened iced tea. I did bust out the grill and make Mrs.BRC and myself T-bones and sweet taters for dinner.

My viper is supposed to be here tomorrow, need to dig out the STEP file for the foot print so i can get it milled in along with some front serrations and hopefully get it sent off to Allen.
    I don't know if I have a good picture of the bike. Black 2011 Street Glide. Best part is it's paid off.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    i spent a fair amount of time in the back end of one of those as a kid. If grandpa needed to take something to the lake that wouldn't fit in the Cadillac, my cousin and I rode in the back. Good times!!!
    I try not to haul stuff in it but it is surprisingly handy. Mainly lawn chairs and cleaning supplies.:)
    Sweet. Eventually when i find a place with a a garage i want a white on black street glide special. Ive got enough chrome on the two i have now.
    Can't go wrong with a Street Glide. Simple, clean, and comfortable bikes.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Did some dry fire practice with the rifles, laying prone in my kitchen, looking out the back patio door at a target 700 yards away. It was very educational. I quickly discovered what happens to your POA when you don't use steady/consistent pressure on the trigger...
    I use the steady squeeze mostly with offhand or a heavy trigger.

When firing from a bench for tiny groups it really pays off to know my trigger. Even with rested shooting the crosshairs are always moving slightly. A steady squeeze/surprised by the break method will work well but when I know a light, crisp trigger well, I apply enough pressure to be only ounces away from the break and let it loose when the crosshairs are best lined up. This MUST be done without slapping the trigger. It's more like applying enough pressure that just thinking "now" is enough to break the shot.

It works for me even if it may not be the right way.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Did some dry fire practice with the rifles, laying prone in my kitchen, looking out the back patio door at a target 700 yards away. It was very educational. I quickly discovered what happens to your POA when you don't use steady/consistent pressure on the trigger. It's kinda neat to see the reticle bounce, even though that's a bad thing. This made it very easy to compare a good trigger squeeze versus a bad one. Surprisingly, I initially did the best with the 7lb mil-spec trigger in the 308 compared to Larue 2 stage triggers that are about 3.6lbs. Took me about 8-10 reps on the Larues to get the reticle to quit jumping. I've never really done this with rifles before, all of my dry fire practice has been with pistols.

While shooting yesterday, I was working on the steady pressure method on the trigger with success. The 3.5lbs trigger was not the best though. I adjusted the Tikka down to 2.6lbs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom