The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    When shooting yesterday, I was having trouble getting a group of under 8” with the AR that has the Bushnell 1-4x FFP optic. That’s an optic that I’ve generally liked and recommended. Last night, while cleaning that rifle, I found the rear focus piece has a lot of play in it. With any movement, the POA shifts dramatically and I’m thinking that something broke in the optic allowing that part to shift just a bit with each round fired.

If I recall, Bushnell has a lifetime warranty so I think I’ll give them a call. In the mean time, I think I’ll move the Sierra3 to the 716, the PA 1-6x optic from the Sig 716 to the Sig 516 upper and then find better glass for the Tikka.
    That's interesting. Wife has a Bushnell on her AR and so far it's done great. Keep us updated please.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Did some dry fire practice with the rifles, laying prone in my kitchen, looking out the back patio door at a target 700 yards away. It was very educational. I quickly discovered what happens to your POA when you don't use steady/consistent pressure on the trigger. It's kinda neat to see the reticle bounce, even though that's a bad thing. This made it very easy to compare a good trigger squeeze versus a bad one. Surprisingly, I initially did the best with the 7lb mil-spec trigger in the 308 compared to Larue 2 stage triggers that are about 3.6lbs. Took me about 8-10 reps on the Larues to get the reticle to quit jumping. I've never really done this with rifles before, all of my dry fire practice has been with pistols.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Did some dry fire practice with the rifles, laying prone in my kitchen, looking out the back patio door at a target 700 yards away. It was very educational. I quickly discovered what happens to your POA when you don't use steady/consistent pressure on the trigger. It's kinda neat to see the reticle bounce, even though that's a bad thing. This made it very easy to compare a good trigger squeeze versus a bad one. Surprisingly, I initially did the best with the 7lb mil-spec trigger in the 308 compared to Larue 2 stage triggers that are about 3.6lbs. Took me about 8-10 reps on the Larues to get the reticle to quit jumping. I've never really done this with rifles before, all of my dry fire practice has been with pistols.
    Are you saying that mil-spec is best? Maybe with irons?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    No sheds to be found and saw two deer with antlers on, so it must be a bit early. made some 44 special for the Cimarron short conversion and tested it, no issues.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I ate like a flea, and just finished a 1-mile walk around the neighborhood
    .... (even jogged the last 100 yards ! ....that's impressive for me !) ;)

The weigh-in cometh in the morning ! :nailbite:

Gun talk .... I carried my G23 in a shoulder holster while walking ....that's all that I got.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom