The CZickness XXXIV...In America where only the good guys wear masks.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think it was the 2nd batch.

I've got first batch #25 if I remember right. Havent seen it in a while

I had #0005 and #0015 on the 1st batch as staff had 1st pick.
    I actually had #0005 and #0006 but the moron at the LGS let #6 go to a buddy of his and he got a full on ass chewing from the mouse.

People......go figure.

Yes there were issues on both runs due to the total numbers ordered and the attempt to slam them out the door.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I had #0005 and #0015 on the 1st batch as staff had 1st pick.
    I actually had #0005 and #0006 but the moron at the LGS let #6 go to a buddy of his and he got a full on ass chewing from the mouse.

People......go figure.

Yes there were issues on both runs due to the total numbers ordered and the attempt to slam them out the door.

All I remember from the last one was while in the store picking it up, some kid rolled up to the front door on bicycle. Asked for a cheap 9mm, took some wadded up cash out and bought (I think) a SV9. His paperwork cleared and he tossed it in his backpack and left.

I could be wrong. I should not assume or judge but I always figured that gun ended up in an evidence locker.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Knee deep in computer work ATM. My old SSD was full and I've been limping along with it for the last year or so. Finally decided to move everything to a bigger drive so I had to get into the internals of the system for the first time in a lo-ooooong time. I used to be a computer geek, but now I'm a gun geek, so we'll have to see how it goes... :):

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I never thought I'd say this, but I'm planning on picking up a Taurus TX22 after work today. Called around every local shop today and talked to every Tom, Dick and Harry. Finally found one in Gas City.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I never thought I'd say this, but I'm planning on picking up a Taurus TX22 after work today. Called around every local shop today and talked to every Tom, Dick and Harry. Finally found one in Gas City.
    That's exciting! Let us know how you like it.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Knee deep in computer work ATM. My old SSD was full and I've been limping along with it for the last year or so. Finally decided to move everything to a bigger drive so I had to get into the internals of the system for the first time in a lo-ooooong time. I used to be a computer geek, but now I'm a gun geek, so we'll have to see how it goes... :):
    Some systems are easier to get into than others. My old laptop was a huge pain to get into, my new one is a piece of cake.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Some systems are easier to get into than others. My old laptop was a huge pain to get into, my new one is a piece of cake.

This is a full tower system with both side panels very easy to remove and tons of space to work in. I'm just not sure my technical skills are up to the ability of cloning the smaller disk to a larger disk and having it work out. The first 3 attempts have all been failures. On attempt number 4 as we speak... :ugh:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The gardener reminded that she will have to replenish supplies after #2 son goes back to Atlanta, I think I will have to upgrade my food storage plans. This morning he received a call from a friend who's house was shot up for some reason. I asked about the neighborhood, and what his friend did, he thinks it's a case of gang bangers getting the wrong house. I was reminded of a neighbor where I used to live that was robbed and shot by gang kids that knew his son. His address and mine were only different by a transposition of two numbers.

I did give him all of the .357 ammo I got from Mouse so he's well prepared.

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ... My old SSD was full and I've been limping along with it for the last year or so. Finally decided to move everything to a bigger drive... :):

You know a LOT more about computers than I do but I have 3 SSD's in mine. Main drive for the operating system, one for storage and the third is storage but not used a lot. Everything is backed up daily to an external drive.

My point is, do you need to swap everything to a larger drive or just add a drive.

Edit: I have used Macrium Reflect a few times in the past to clone my system drive as a backup. It's the software I use for daily backups.

Last edited:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    You know a LOT more about computers than I do but I have 3 SSD's in mine. Main drive for the operating system, one for storage and the third is storage but not used a lot. Everything is backed up daily to an external drive.

My point is, do you need to swap everything to a larger drive or just add a drive.

I'm thinking the same thing just drop the new drive in and start putting things on it. Unless the old drive is starting to give you problems.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Edit: I have used Macrium Reflect a few times in the past to clone my system drive as a backup. It's the software I use for daily backups.

I'm thinking the same thing just drop the new drive in and start putting things on it. Unless the old drive is starting to give you problems.

It's the C: drive where I have my OS and Office installed. It's been pretty full for the last year, I just kept deleting stuff when I needed to and running disk cleanup. Got to a point of diminishing returns. Now I can't figure out how to use Reflect to image from one drive to the new one and use all the space... :(

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom