The CZickness XXXIV...In America where only the good guys wear masks.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Years ago the lab I ran had a problem with the AC not being able to keep up in the summer. Service guys told me that the unit was too small, but company brass at the time was not going to replace it. I put a lawn sprinkler next to it that sprayed water into the condenser coils all day, worked until enough money was free to replace the HVAC in the lab with something more suitable.

You were tricking the unit into thinking/acting like it was cooler ambient temp than reality. The efficiency curve starts to tip over above 85* outside. The ability to condense and sub-cool diminish and you loose capacity. The water pulls the heat out of the condenser and actually helps. This is a short term fix as the solids in the water are left behind due to evaporation and you come full circle back to go when the coils loose ability to exchange due to this. A good PH cleaning and off to the races but every time you do this the coil looses some integrity. So the answer here is put the proper system in from the get go.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I like your thinking of blaming TT. :laugh6:

A couple years back I joked with him for about three weeks that the hotel room I booked for us was a one bed. I'm not sure who was more shocked that it WAS a one bed, him or me. We quickly had that changed. Now we just push both of our beds together.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom