Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Hey wt. What a day lol. Circus in the Senate continues. I'll watch that as my entertainment today.

Granted the senate has rules but just shut up and vote....

....and make the rain stop.

I’m beginning to wonder about glocks. Every time I think I have an extra minute to stop at the range and sight in the not an rmr red dot, it rains. I had 11- 11:30 in the calendar as Range. :-(

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    'roids make me stay up until after 3AM, then mornings are foggy. No like !
    Hope that I don't choke-out myself in a moment of 'roid'ness.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I would definitely avoid watching the senate idiocy when on high doses of steroids MM. The results might be really bad if a democratic campaign worker knocks on your door at the wrong time.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    One of the things that I wanted to test out this morning was a permanent fix for the problem child 75B Compact in .40. The big issue with that pistol is that it has a light slide (289g) and depends on a heavy recoil spring and main spring for proper function. The issue is that there is not enough slide room to run a really heavy recoil spring without getting spring bind and spring life of less than 200 rounds. The heavy 24# main spring is needed to tame the slide velocity and makes tuning a *****.

I have a theory that a heavier slide would fix the issue and allow the gun to be tuned properly. The P06 slide is somewhere around 320g and the 40P slide comes in at 325g. Today I ran my 40P slide on the problem child and it ran beautifully. I have sourced a 40P complete upper that I’m in the process of buying. From there, I’ll send it to AllenM for a notch to allow the safety to function and cuts for new sights. Then it will get cerakoted and tuned. At that point, it should make a pretty good shooter/EDC for days when I want a small, heavy chunk of steel hanging off my hip.

There is a part of me that thinks this might be the one to have hard chromed when done.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I have an I.U. brick(foam) that we used to throw at the TV during sports events. Seems silly now, but both of my daughters are I.U. graduates, so we played the parental part. :D

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm an IU grad too. I have my sons foam THOR hammer lmfao

After the Air Force, I used the G.I. Bill (and worked full time) to attend I.U. for 3 years. Wished that I would have hung on to graduate, but by then I was older,and wanted to get married. I was offered a job in horticulture that paid as much as the college professors that were teaching me (economics), and I took the job and married.
    Who knows how my life would have been different, but you can't turn back the clock.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I had my 75B up for sale on Armslist. I couldn't it go and delisted it. Glad I kept it. Being a little fat in the safe is better than regret.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    One of the things that I wanted to test out this morning was a permanent fix for the problem child 75B Compact in .40. The big issue with that pistol is that it has a light slide (289g) and depends on a heavy recoil spring and main spring for proper function. The issue is that there is not enough slide room to run a really heavy recoil spring without getting spring bind and spring life of less than 200 rounds. The heavy 24# main spring is needed to tame the slide velocity and makes tuning a *****.

I have a theory that a heavier slide would fix the issue and allow the gun to be tuned properly. The P06 slide is somewhere around 320g and the 40P slide comes in at 325g. Today I ran my 40P slide on the problem child and it ran beautifully. I have sourced a 40P complete upper that I’m in the process of buying. From there, I’ll send it to AllenM for a notch to allow the safety to function and cuts for new sights. Then it will get cerakoted and tuned. At that point, it should make a pretty good shooter/EDC for days when I want a small, heavy chunk of steel hanging off my hip.

There is a part of me that thinks this might be the one to have hard chromed when done.

So....are all 40 compacts problems?

Could you run a slighter lighter spring and a buffer on the stock slide or would that just compound the short stroke issue?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom