THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Tisas .45 and 9mm.

Both guns are accurate. Both guns seem to have a break-in period. I need to fit the extractor in the .45 and retest as I suspect it just needs some more rounds thru it and the extractor grabbing the case properly. I need to inspect and fit if needed, the extractor in the 9mm. Both guns at least need some more break in time before I start really analyzing anything further (saying that out loud to myself). The 9mm was downright fun, like little kid giggle kind of fun. I suspect it has a really strong recoil spring in it though, again more break in will tell me if there's an issue or not. However, I was astonished at how light the recoil was. I wouldn't say .22 light, but way more softer-er-er than I ever imagined. Detailed notes below.

Tisas 1911 .45

Initial test fire after purchase (new). 4 mags total (28 rounds). First 2 mags were factory ones, PMC 230fmj, ejection around 2:00 and cases were going straight up in the air and landing about 5ft away, but consistently. With both mags, the last round did not feed completely into the chamber. Next was Wilson mag with Fed AE 230fmj, no failures, ejection closer to 3:00, but still straight up in the air and landing about 5ft away. Last mag was #2 marked blued MecGar mag with PMC, no failures, ejection on 5 rounds was straight back over my head about 5ft (1 hit my head), 2 rounds went to 2:30 and 1 round went 3:00 about 9ft. I suspect the extractor claw contacting the brass is not helping and will correct that before next session. Recoil was fine, accuracy was good, used a combat sight picture (front dot over bullseye) and point of impact seems to be about 1.25” low at 7 yards with windage being good using PMC (Fed was just a little left of center, maybe 0.5”).

Tisas 1911 9mm

Initial test fire after purchase (new). 53 rounds total (48 Aguila 115gr, 5 of Fed 115gr). 2nd round did not get pulled from mag (1st round fired and did not fully cycle the action). Ejection was straight up directly in front of me. Mag did not lock open on empty. 2nd mag had 2 stovepipes, with last one being the last round in the mag (obviously didn’t lock open either). 3rd mag had 1 stovepipe and did not lock slide open on empty. 4th mag had no issues and locked open. 5th mag was only 8 rounds, but no issues and locked open. 6th mag was 5 rounds of Fed 115fmj, no issues and locked open. Recoil was super mild, accuracy was good. Combat sight picture produced groups about 1” high and 1” left at 7yds. Weak ejection is an issue currently.

20221219_190543.jpg

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Tisas .45 and 9mm.

Both guns are accurate. Both guns seem to have a break-in period. I need to fit the extractor in the .45 and retest as I suspect it just needs some more rounds thru it and the extractor grabbing the case properly. I need to inspect and fit if needed, the extractor in the 9mm. Both guns at least need some more break in time before I start really analyzing anything further (saying that out loud to myself). The 9mm was downright fun, like little kid giggle kind of fun. I suspect it has a really strong recoil spring in it though, again more break in will tell me if there's an issue or not. However, I was astonished at how light the recoil was. I wouldn't say .22 light, but way more softer-er-er than I ever imagined. Detailed notes below.

Tisas 1911 .45

Initial test fire after purchase (new). 4 mags total (28 rounds). First 2 mags were factory ones, PMC 230fmj, ejection around 2:00 and cases were going straight up in the air and landing about 5ft away, but consistently. With both mags, the last round did not feed completely into the chamber. Next was Wilson mag with Fed AE 230fmj, no failures, ejection closer to 3:00, but still straight up in the air and landing about 5ft away. Last mag was #2 marked blued MecGar mag with PMC, no failures, ejection on 5 rounds was straight back over my head about 5ft (1 hit my head), 2 rounds went to 2:30 and 1 round went 3:00 about 9ft. I suspect the extractor claw contacting the brass is not helping and will correct that before next session. Recoil was fine, accuracy was good, used a combat sight picture (front dot over bullseye) and point of impact seems to be about 1.25” low at 7 yards with windage being good using PMC (Fed was just a little left of center, maybe 0.5”).

Tisas 1911 9mm

Initial test fire after purchase (new). 53 rounds total (48 Aguila 115gr, 5 of Fed 115gr). 2nd round did not get pulled from mag (1st round fired and did not fully cycle the action). Ejection was straight up directly in front of me. Mag did not lock open on empty. 2nd mag had 2 stovepipes, with last one being the last round in the mag (obviously didn’t lock open either). 3rd mag had 1 stovepipe and did not lock slide open on empty. 4th mag had no issues and locked open. 5th mag was only 8 rounds, but no issues and locked open. 6th mag was 5 rounds of Fed 115fmj, no issues and locked open. Recoil was super mild, accuracy was good. Combat sight picture produced groups about 1” high and 1” left at 7yds. Weak ejection is an issue currently.

View attachment 243309
    Great breakdown. Looking forward to subsequent testing and the process to prefect the turks.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Are you doing your testing at an outdoor range, Spicy ?
    If so, my goodness, that's some real dedication !
    Yes, outdoor. Daughter and I made a trip today, it was in the mid to upper 20's. Spent about 2 hours out there, she slapped steel with her 22 rifle and "her" P322 (she claimed it evidently?) and helped me too. Only thing cold was our noses.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Tisas .45 and 9mm.

Tisas 1911 .45

Tisas 1911 9mm

View attachment 243309
    I imagine you making the range reports in an audio recorder like a doctor’s dictation.

But seriously good work and nice report! And nice shootin’ Dr. T.D.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I imagine you making the range reports in an audio recorder like a doctor’s dictation.

But seriously good work and nice report! And nice shootin’ Dr. T.D.
    AwyatA1xklCl8BDtRR6mfEouCNuCH6.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom