THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Manufacturer concerns about the porting spitting lead out the side?

Yes, exactly ! I also have these rounds for it. I'll have to get experimental next year !

i-cxmXwb3-XL.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    We had a Jag once. Then we had to get it worked on. Then we didn't have a Jag....

Great car for the first 75k miles....
    That sporty model they make is a sexy beast. One of the drivers down at Seymour just traded his old 7 series Beemer for a Jaguar wagon which I had never seen.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    That sporty model they make is a sexy beast. One of the drivers down at Seymour just traded his old 7 series Beemer for a Jaguar wagon which I had never seen.

Dang ... that wagon IS sexy ! My uncle (my dad's twin brother ---both born in 1912) always drove Jag sedans.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Oh no...this was a lifetime ago. Looked exactly like this one. Mechanically the car was pretty amazing for its era. The interior was fantastic. Great driving but...the electronics, on the other hand, were made by gremlins for gremlins.

1668904918693.png

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Gonna try this before milling. Topped it with my very best optic.

43614b3c48acad3bdf050d6cc30aac4a.jpg
    How does one choose a carry optic? I'm considering sending one for the upcoming Jagerwerks sale ($80 for milling $20 for nitriding after milling), but need to know which optic I intend to slap on there.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    How does one choose a carry optic? I'm considering sending one for the upcoming Jagerwerks sale ($80 for milling $20 for nitriding after milling), but need to know which optic I intend to slap on there.
    Holosun seems to be a favorite around here. I only have my vortex.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Holosun seems to be a favorite around here. I only have my vortex.
    Yeah. I don't want to buy any more chinese-manufactured accessories for arms than needed. I know, it's a drop in the ocean, but if I can curtail my spending away from support Chinese arms industry, I'd like to. That might all be nonsense in the realm of red-dots, but I try to do it for arms related goods especially. Vortex makes most of their products in China, but I can shop at AAOptics which makes me feel better about the compromise. Vortex & Trijicon are also US companies, while Holosun is through and through Chinese, right?

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Yeah. I don't want to buy any more chinese-manufactured accessories for arms than needed. I know, it's a drop in the ocean, but if I can curtail my spending away from support Chinese arms industry, I'd like to. That might all be nonsense in the realm of red-dots, but I try to do it for arms related goods especially. Vortex makes most of their products in China, but I can shop at AAOptics which makes me feel better about the compromise. Vortex & Trijicon are also US companies, while Holosun is through and through Chinese, right?
    Good info here in his white paper if you want some somewhat objective data

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This is a good resource: https://www.sagedynamics.org/_files/ugd/7dc128_65844d9baead41afab8bfabb23e912fa.pdf

Need to work my way through it as well.
    Also, do some reading on which optics share a common footprint, etc.

I have a holosun on a P365xl but I need to put in some time with it that I haven't as yet.

I'd really like to get a 22 with a red dot to get reps in.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Good info here in his white paper if you want some somewhat objective data

Thank you very much! I'll check it out.

This is a good resource: https://www.sagedynamics.org/_files/ugd/7dc128_65844d9baead41afab8bfabb23e912fa.pdf

Need to work my way through it as well.
    Also, do some reading on which optics share a common footprint, etc.
    It seems greater minds than mine think alike. Thanks.

Yeah. Common footprint is a powerful feature.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom