The CZickness XLVII....We march forward, my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I can’t believe all the cool “watering holes “ aka LGS that have closed. The only ones opening are the large commercials with their own rules and not much cool used stuff.

Even some of the ones that have not closed are just now what they used to be. I remember when Bradis was a must-stop for each gun crawl weekend. They’d have crates of Mosin’s plus other interesting mil-surp stuff for a good price. Last time I went, they had pretty much nothing of interest and mostly bargain type guns. I don’t recall seeing a thing of interest in there. Sad how far they’ve fallen.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

spill the beans, what ya buy!

Picked up a Shield Plus OR bundle that included 5 total mags, a small M&P branded Go bag and a first aid kit. All for the price they're selling the gun by itself, so not a bad deal. If I want, I can sell the Shield Plus I have that isn't optics ready to make up the difference. Win-win... ;)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning all... :coffee:

Picked up a Shield Plus OR bundle that included 5 total mags, a small M&P branded Go bag and a first aid kit. All for the price they're selling the gun by itself, so not a bad deal. If I want, I can sell the Shield Plus I have that isn't optics ready to make up the difference. Win-win... ;)

I think the rule is, “didn’t happen without pics”. ;-)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Okay, since it has been requested, here is the pic of the Shield Plus OR bundle I just picked up:

uQeq40L.jpg

As a bonus, my team from work went out for a group event last night and went axe throwing. We thought we were going to be throwing full sized axes, or hatchets or something, but they were these little light, thin axes. Here's a couple of pics, one where I stuck 4 out of 5, with two right next to each other on the left and two right next to each other on the right, plus another where I stuck the handle. Enjoy:

xX5XDsJ.jpg

W1rjCot.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well...now you are just showing off...:stickpoke:

Never tried axe throwing but I could see how with, with proper visualization of a target, it could be quite stress relieving.

It was actually quite enjoyable. I don't think I'd want to do it for 90 minutes straight again, as that was a bit much, but it was fun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Okay, since it has been requested, here is the pic of the Shield Plus OR bundle I just picked up:

uQeq40L.jpg

As a bonus, my team from work went out for a group event last night and went axe throwing. We thought we were going to be throwing full sized axes, or hatchets or something, but they were these little light, thin axes. Here's a couple of pics, one where I stuck 4 out of 5, with two right next to each other on the left and two right next to each other on the right, plus another where I stuck the handle. Enjoy:

xX5XDsJ.jpg

W1rjCot.jpg
    :nailbite:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The odd thing is they're selling the gun itself for the same price. When I saw that I figured it was a no brainer and those situations are tailor made for me... ;)
    If I wasn't a devoted Sig guy, I would have jumped on that deal. Hell, I thought about doing it anyways, but I have other wants ahead of that one.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If I wasn't a devoted Sig guy, I would have jumped on that deal. Hell, I thought about doing it anyways, but I have other wants ahead of that one.
    Totally understand that. I loved my original Shield and they made a bunch of improvements to the Shield Plus, above and beyond the expanded capacity. The ability to have an optic was just icing on the cake. Thanks to this bundle I now have like 11 or 12 mags for this gun, as I'd picked up extras when I bought the non-OR version. I don't know that I'll carry it often, but I like having the option for a smaller gun that is still very capable. I need to take a class with it, or at bare minimum get over to MCF&G to do some holster drills with it to verify I don't have any issues with a gun that size.

Last edited:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

uQeq40L.jpg

xX5XDsJ.jpg

W1rjCot.jpg
    So it DID happen! :)

Morning all!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I really wanted to like the P365 series guns, but never really warmed up to them. I've shot a couple of XL's at the various meet ups and Monica has the standard P365, but while I love and respect the engineering and design, I never really liked them that much. I appreciate that they exist, as without them the Shield Plus would never have happened, at least not with decent capacity.

Thank goodness for the edit button as I'm having a day...lol!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom