The CZickness XLVII....We march forward, my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Morning all... :coffee:

My first Wizard-touched CZ was an OD green P-01 with an NSN just like that one:

iKU6z3J.jpg

I'm working on a trade for the one in the classies.
    I had a P01 for about a week. For some reason it just didn't give me the warm fuzzys. It ended up a partial trade towards something that did.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Last picture post for the morning, I super promise....

I enjoyed fitting the EGW barrel bushing. It's their carry bevel design with an angled bore cut. I measured the ID of my slide and OD of my barrel. Then I found that bushing on Brownells that was already pre-cut to dimensions within .001 - .002" of what I needed, so I could still hand fit the rest without having to remove tons of material or have to use a lathe. Going that way from EGW induces a 3-week lead time, because they cut the ID of the bushing to your spec, but that Brownells part number adds an "A" at the end and was already pre-cut on the ID and was close to what I needed for a 0.580" barrel. Bingo!

1666952542517.png

1666952572999.png

For the OD reduction, I made a bushing holder from the bolt bin. The nut I used has a slight taper to align the bushing once tightened up. I ran the drill press at 600rpm and used emory cloth, constantly checking measurement to prevent taking off too much. A small thin piece of emory cloth worked great for that thin area just above the lug that locks the bushing in the slide.

20221026_132444.jpg

20221026_132157.jpg

For a holder to work on the ID of the bushing, I found a sanding disk attachment for my Milwaukee rotary tool (Dremel is a brand....:)). That attachment fit nicely into the backside of the bushing, so I could spin the bushing while I used a piece of emory cloth to gently sand the barrel contact area down to the desired measurement. This worked very well and was not wobbly, it helped that I was careful to not push too hard while sanding.

20221026_144634.jpg

Measurements before:
    slide to bushing: .003"
    bushing to barrel: .003"

Measurements after:
    slide to bushing: .0000 - .0005"
    bushing to barrel: .0015 - .002"

Most importantly, the bushing looks more awesomer now.

20221026_151044.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I had a P01 for about a week. For some reason it just didn't give me the warm fuzzys. It ended up a partial trade towards something that did.

I sold mine to my niece as it shot well, but I wasn't a fan of the decocker. She was visiting a year or so ago and brought it with her and after I shot it I was like, why the heck did I ever let that go? :(

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I sold mine to my niece as it shot well, but I wasn't a fan of the decocker. She was visiting a year or so ago and brought it with her and after I shot it I was like, why the heck did I ever let that go? :(
    Mine shot well enough, just not a big fan of the shorter barreled offerings. :dunno:
    The NSN # on the side did give it a extra cool level though. Was glad to infect a virgin CZ owner with the CZickness and feed my Remmyitis all in one shot.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    You don’t have to promise that, I for one very thoroughly enjoy seeing this work!
    How long have you been doing this kind of thing?

More awesomer is the goal, technically speaking.
    Pretending like I know what I'm doing? Since I was a teenager.

First real effort on a 1911 to get to know the platform better. Hand fitting everything is new to me, but I've dabbled with a large variety of guns over the last 10 years. Automotive background, fairly handy with tools. Like to tinker in the garage.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I think I need to call hopper.
    Hahh! My son still has the one I got from @mcapo. I got my son the OD P-01 as a birthday gift, it's definitely not the one listed in the classifieds. He has no intentions of turning it loose, not even if you offered him a helicopter with Kate Beckinsale dressed in her Underworld vinyl outfit as the pilot.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Hahh! My son still has the one I got from @mcapo. I got my son the OD P-01 as a birthday gift, it's definitely not the one listed in the classifieds. He has no intentions of turning it loose, not even if you offered him a helicopter with Kate Beckinsale dressed in her Underworld vinyl outfit as the pilot.
    Kate Beckinsale....:bowdown:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    That pistol would be traded in a heartbeat if it was mine.. :cool:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Pretending like I know what I'm doing? Since I was a teenager.

First real effort on a 1911 to get to know the platform better. Hand fitting everything is new to me, but I've dabbled with a large variety of guns over the last 10 years. Automotive background, fairly handy with tools. Like to tinker in the garage.
    Heck of a first effort, IMO, brother.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Last picture post for the morning, I super promise....

I enjoyed fitting the EGW barrel bushing. It's their carry bevel design with an angled bore cut. I measured the ID of my slide and OD of my barrel. Then I found that bushing on Brownells that was already pre-cut to dimensions within .001 - .002" of what I needed, so I could still hand fit the rest without having to remove tons of material or have to use a lathe. Going that way from EGW induces a 3-week lead time, because they cut the ID of the bushing to your spec, but that Brownells part number adds an "A" at the end and was already pre-cut on the ID and was close to what I needed for a 0.580" barrel. Bingo!

View attachment 233273

View attachment 233274

For the OD reduction, I made a bushing holder from the bolt bin. The nut I used has a slight taper to align the bushing once tightened up. I ran the drill press at 600rpm and used emory cloth, constantly checking measurement to prevent taking off too much. A small thin piece of emory cloth worked great for that thin area just above the lug that locks the bushing in the slide.

View attachment 233275

View attachment 233276

For a holder to work on the ID of the bushing, I found a sanding disk attachment for my Milwaukee rotary tool (Dremel is a brand....:)). That attachment fit nicely into the backside of the bushing, so I could spin the bushing while I used a piece of emory cloth to gently sand the barrel contact area down to the desired measurement. This worked very well and was not wobbly, it helped that I was careful to not push too hard while sanding.

View attachment 233277

Measurements before:
    slide to bushing: .003"
    bushing to barrel: .003"

Measurements after:
    slide to bushing: .0000 - .0005"
    bushing to barrel: .0015 - .002"

Most importantly, the bushing looks more awesomer now.

View attachment 233278
    Canadian ingenuity at its finest! Nice work! I love seeing a man making something happen with what he’s got on hand!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom