The CZickness XLVII....We march forward, my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I do enjoy all genres of photography .... not just bird photos.
    Take a short spin around my meadow, and the woods. This is the way that I try to see things with the camera.

First, you have to come through the new gate ! ;) (actually, from the perspective of this photo, you're already inside, and looking back towards the road.)

i-jBrsSRJ-L.jpg

If you like trees, you're already in the correct spot .... because I surely am caretaker for a few thousand of them (counting saplings).
    There's a word that describes someone like me, who loves trees / the woods.
    The word is:

nemophilist
    (One who is fond of forests or forest scenery; a haunter of the woods.)

Breath deep ....

i-z6QX386-L.jpg

Look UP !

i-JqQ743W-XL.jpg

Look around !

i-nwpX8B7-XL.jpg

Don't forget to say Hi to the man-of-the-tree !

i-SpZWFMM-XL.jpg

I made this walking stick, so that you could take a walk with me !

i-NR2kP7p-XL.jpg

Don't forget to get real low, and see what there is to see !

i-FhRp79z-XL.jpg

i-VSD5jdk-XL.jpg

The Fall berries are bright, and the days aren't as long as night !

i-5mk8dqG-XL.jpg

You've walked long and far to see these sights, and now, only the magic hammock will ease your plight, and also give you sensory delight !

i-4sqdq5r-XL.jpg

The end ....
    Fantastic MM!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd be curious to see a list of recommended tools for performing work on a 1911. Basically any specialty tool/jig for installing anything that needs fitted for it to function properly.
    A trigger stirrup is handy to have to get a trigger to stop binding in the frame.
    Some decent stones are a must. In a variety of sizes.
    Like bandit says, a sear jig of some sort is a requirement
    AllenM's phone number is handy to keep on hand for things like having a new barrel fit or front strap checkered
    A good trigger gauge is used to tune the fingers of the 3 finger spring
    various sizes of dowels and a selection of sandpaper grits for deburring things

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Morning folks! :coffee:

While any Wizard touched CZs are special, there are a handful of BA/Wizard CZs that have become legend. BA had a flair for commissioning some very interesting pistols that all had a very consistent recipe. Hogue grips were the hallmark. For some reason, BA loved those things.
    15fad61e3b2ffd341a083ce856bef59a.jpg
    BA kept me stocked up on the Hogue finger groove grips for upcoming projects. I had Hogue's on a 1911 and he loved how they felt and fit his hand. He wanted all his CZs to feel and shoot the same, so the Hogue grip was on them all. All had the CGW Pro kit with the triggers set close to the same break weight as possible. Later when the 10X bushing was introduced, all in his stable were upgraded. His sight of choice was the TFX Pro sights. A side note about the Hogue grips for his compacts is that they were not made to fit compacts. I had to cut them to fit a compact and that took a while! Many times, there would be 2 or 3 projects in line after I had started on one!

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I have fondled a CZ Parrot last year at Four Guns and thought the trigger needed some love!
    I did as well at South. County guns. I almost bought it when I sold my bike. Then I realized it would be my 3rd best feeling cz.
    Now, with a little wizard magic... I can only imagine

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Had to drive east today. Realized of course 70 was closed through town. I nor Google Maps realized 70 was closed almost all the way to Connersville today. That added 3 additional hours of zig zagging and traffic to find my way to an on ramp that was actually open on 70 going east, to then drive another 5 or so hours. That was no fun. Other than that fairly uneventful drive.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I did make it to Lafayette to visit my old friend Bill as he has been trapped in his house. We had lunch at the Bryant that was yum! Then we went up to Four Guns to fondle & slobber on a fully stocked Gunshop. They have the Springfield Armory Prodigy $1499 in 4" or 5". A bib was required to handle these :@ya: Both felt good in the hand!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I did make it to Lafayette to visit my old friend Bill as he has been trapped in his house. We had lunch at the Bryant that was yum! Then we went up to Four Guns to fondle & slobber on a fully stocked Gunshop. They have the Springfield Armory Prodigy $1499 in 4" or 5". A bib was required to handle these :@ya: Both felt good in the hand!
    Speaking of....you still have that Ed Brown M&P?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

I was all set to buy a Prodigy.....then along comes @gmcttr .....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom