The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I’m developing this exact attitude towards my bicycle collection… I’m wanting to slim it down considerably, to free up some cash, space and when I look around I’ve got a lot of half finished or not started projects…. At this point I’d rather sell most off, keeping my favorites, and build one solid nice rider from the frame up.

I’ve developed a different and new riding style than I have in years gone by and my needs/wants are different. No longer does a 80 year old single speed skip tooth coaster brake work for me when I’m heading out for a 20 mile ride pulling a trailer with kids in it… One, I get tired easier, two if I lose a chain, I have no brakes…

So once again in my pursuit of happiness, I’m gonna try out the quality over quantity… I’ve gone down this road before, but didn’t have an end goal in mind. Now the goals are set and I can see light at the end of the tunnel. Makes the inner collector in me happy that I know I’ll be back, but I’ve got other things to focus on first!
    An old soul with a goal in danger of ending up where he plans. And happy. Living a blessed life , youngster. Get it!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    This is a good path. If the goal is to enjoy building skill at shooting long range, then put your time and resources into one rifle to become really good with it. It’s different than it is with pistols. The cost involved in long range shooting and the skills needed to put a round in a specific spot 500 to 1000 yards away don’t lend themselves to having a large collection of various calibers.

I’m not saying don’t collect rifles, just that for that specific skill, I think that you are on the right track becoming very good with one very well optimized setup.
    I've come to realize in a short amount of time that while I absolutely love reloading, it does take me quite a bit of time and effort to get a load dialed in, along with costs involved for not only components but even driving to the range at $4.39/gallon. Last trip I took 4 rifles that I'm currently reloading for and 3 of those rifles had 2 different loads each. That's just too much to keep track of for someone who chases a lot of squirrels already.

I think I'm going to reduce reloading efforts to the Howa 6.5CM and the Howa 223. They're my 2 favorite rifles to shoot currently. That keeps the reloading stuff more streamlined and not having too many numbers or components to worry about. I'm on the fence still about continuing reloading for the Noveske AR, mainly because I find reloading for a bolt gun way more enjoyable.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good Morning : My Lil' Peep Holes

I have been running in circles - Subaru car buying, new smart phone, getting all the app's back on it

Holy C@rp, swimming in this tidal wave of info - it's no wonder why I switch phones out so sparingly.

Hate doing all the hoop jumps.

Today - waiting for the SafeLite dewd to roll here at home to replace a front windshield on my current 153,000 sMile Outback
    that cracked only 6 months into ownership. So to trade it in, gotta get her fixed

So I wait from 8-noon.

But after that - maybe some shooting.....anybody wanna roll my way and go bust some steel?? @ distance??

I await choo

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good late morning CZers!!!! Light speed internet is here!!!! 100 mps for $50 a month!!!!

just changed from Comcast/Xfinity @ $109.00 per mo

to T-Mobile 5G = $25.00 per mo. and getting speeds @ 250 meg & 13 upload

I just saved $130.00 a month on internet wifi & 2 smart phones with T-mobile. oH, AND WE GOT 2 NEW SMARTPHONES IN THE DEAL.!

Color me = H A P P Y

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Good Morning : My Lil' Peep Holes

I have been running in circles - Subaru car buying, new smart phone, getting all the app's back on it

Holy C@rp, swimming in this tidal wave of info - it's no wonder why I switch phones out so sparingly.

Hate doing all the hoop jumps.

Today - waiting for the SafeLite dewd to roll here at home to replace a front windshield on my current 153,000 sMile Outback
    that cracked only 6 months into ownership. So to trade it in, gotta get her fixed

So I wait from 8-noon.

But after that - maybe some shooting.....anybody wanna roll my way and go bust some steel?? @ distance??

I await choo

New Outback? Or ...

I'm enjoying my '21 with the turbo.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Morn'n gents

Didn't get to make it to the range with the southern boys today, had to stay home and wait for my roof repair to be completed.
    It is another beautiful morning out today though.
    Sounds like there is some serious good decision making going on today too. Congrats Deacon, Rusty, TDogg.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morn'n gents

Didn't get to make it to the range with the southern boys today, had to stay home and wait for my roof repair to be completed.
    It is another beautiful morning out today though.
    Sounds like there is some serious good decision making going on today too. Congrats Deacon, Rusty, TDogg.
    What?

Even you are adulting?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    A final thought before I hit the hay. I believe the Bergara 308 will be getting put on the chopping block. Along with the Arken scope mounted to it, ammo, bullets, brass, etc. Time to free up some space, time and money for other things I'd like to pursue right now. I really like the Bergara but would rather shoot my 6.5CM for the same role (and twice on Sunday).
    There's a pretty good thread on this topic here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/one-man-one-rifle.507405/

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I have always been a bit of a collector/hoarder but usually only focus on a few guns to shoot. Sometimes it was a hunting platform, for a long time it was a K-frames and a M-1, now its just a couple bench guns for the few times I make a range. Pistols I still enjoy but poor eyesight has limited that.

Anyway - what I am trying to say is; one gun-- pfft.....:nono:

What kind of a guy would start a thread like that anyway????

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom