THE CZickness XLIX....Tackling 2023 with CZ style...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Did some horse trading at the local pawn shop and picked up an old drill press. Nothing special, but I'm rebuilding it as a cheap little project and to learn more about drill presses and such. It should serve me well and I've only got $60 in it including new parts that were ordered.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Yes or no for the INGO lowers that I'm going to build for my kids?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

I like Wilson Combat's and CMMG's and Aero Precion's LPKs in that order but I am NOT what you call an expert.

Never used Stag but I know I cop who has a left handed factory Stag AR and he's run the crap out of it in classes over the past (decade?) and I think the only thing he changed was installing a better trigger.

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

I've had good luck with Stag.:twocents:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Good morning folks. I missed a bday! Happys to you, Tim!

Probably not the best group to admit this to… But I’m suffering from guilt. I had mentioned that I was seeing about Uncle Sam upgrading my daily driver for me. Which after conferring with mama, she agreed I “deserved” it… Now I struggle with that, because I don’t feel like I “deserve” anything. I feel guilty for wanting something like that when my current daily works “fine”… It could be bigger. It could be more comfortable. It could have working dash gauges (I currently use a speedo/odometer app on my phone to track fuel)… there are other things we’ve wanted to do, some house things, as well as some repairs to our family hauler. Which I had intended on probably maybe replacing with whatever vehicle I ended up with…

But I can’t shake the guilt. My fault. Not anyone else’s. It’s a mental thing. And I believe I’m going to hold off, make some necessary repairs to my current s10 and some to the Yukon. And call it a day. Continue to grind away. And maybe plan on an upgrade after I finish this major side project I’ve got going on with some paint and body work on a Scout.
    Proud of you. Way to gazelle!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Evening everyone. Happy Friday Eve :)

I dropped a new stereo into the old BMW tonight. It's not an expensive one, but it does match the car in a period correct way and adds hands-free phone and other nice to have things.

Next up on that car will be a refreshed suspension, new brake hoses, a driveline rebuild and a cooling system refresh. It is feeling pretty good to me right now with the exception of a driveline vibration that comes and goes. My Indy500 day car project will be rebuilding the driveshaft.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Evening everyone. Happy Friday Eve :)

I dropped a new stereo into the old BMW tonight. It's not an expensive one, but it does match the car in a period correct way and adds hands-free phone and other nice to have things.

Next up on that car will be a refreshed suspension, new brake hoses, a driveline rebuild and a cooling system refresh. It is feeling pretty good to me right now with the exception of a driveline vibration that comes and goes. My Indy500 day car project will be rebuilding the driveshaft.
    Since it was your Birthday, I bought myself a gun to celebrate.

Thanks for the excuse!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I like Wilson Combat's and CMMG's and Aero Precion's LPKs in that order but I am NOT what you call an expert.

Never used Stag but I know I cop who has a left handed factory Stag AR and he's run the crap out of it in classes over the past (decade?) and I think the only thing he changed was installing a better trigger.
    Lower parts kits, IMO

$$$ - BCM, Daniel Defense
    $$ - Aero Precision, CMMG
    $ - PSA

I've assembled a lot of AR's for myself and a fair amount for others. I've only had one issue with a LPK and that was a super old PSA kit.
    You didn't answer "yes" or "no" ...you just listed other brands not in question.

...I would expect nothing less. :thumbsup:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Not CZ but I put this together the other day. I had done a SS project with the Samson A-TM stocks when they first came out and didn't even know they came out with a blued version until recently which I prefer. I think these stocks are put together really well, they are $$ but still cheaper than an original.

ga7yy8kl.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom