THE CZickness XLIX....Tackling 2023 with CZ style...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    1st time in 20 years I get something back. $96 from fed and $240 from state. One year we sent $6800 to the feds.
    Still waiting on all the documents to bet a final figure, but this ismthe first full year we have both been retired so no clue wether we will owe or get something back.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Welp..."Acute Bronchitis" is the call.

Gonna be on some heavy doses of Anti-Bio's & even Prednisone...yippeee.!

I'll get back with you to let cha all in on the gory details.

Thank you all for the prayers also - now let's be kicking this crap to the curb, shall we...??
    Ugh.....get better Deacon!!!!
    Hey I am only on my first scotch, but I was thought you were referring to $350 + $30 shipping :ugh:

Besides, us civilized types call it 9mm Browning or 9x17. .380 is so common.
    :):
    How’s about the 9mm Kurtz??? Ya??
    Dobre Czeski Pivo!!!
    :buddies:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Good morning folks. I missed a bday! Happys to you, Tim!

Probably not the best group to admit this to… But I’m suffering from guilt. I had mentioned that I was seeing about Uncle Sam upgrading my daily driver for me. Which after conferring with mama, she agreed I “deserved” it… Now I struggle with that, because I don’t feel like I “deserve” anything. I feel guilty for wanting something like that when my current daily works “fine”… It could be bigger. It could be more comfortable. It could have working dash gauges (I currently use a speedo/odometer app on my phone to track fuel)… there are other things we’ve wanted to do, some house things, as well as some repairs to our family hauler. Which I had intended on probably maybe replacing with whatever vehicle I ended up with…

But I can’t shake the guilt. My fault. Not anyone else’s. It’s a mental thing. And I believe I’m going to hold off, make some necessary repairs to my current s10 and some to the Yukon. And call it a day. Continue to grind away. And maybe plan on an upgrade after I finish this major side project I’ve got going on with some paint and body work on a Scout.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Probably not the best group to admit this to… But I’m suffering from guilt. I had mentioned that I was seeing about Uncle Sam upgrading my daily driver for me. Which after conferring with mama, she agreed I “deserved” it… Now I struggle with that, because I don’t feel like I “deserve” anything. I feel guilty for wanting something like that when my current daily works “fine”… It could be bigger. It could be more comfortable. It could have working dash gauges (I currently use a speedo/odometer app on my phone to track fuel)… there are other things we’ve wanted to do, some house things, as well as some repairs to our family hauler. Which I had intended on probably maybe replacing with whatever vehicle I ended up with…

But I can’t shake the guilt. My fault. Not anyone else’s. It’s a mental thing. And I believe I’m going to hold off, make some necessary repairs to my current s10 and some to the Yukon. And call it a day. Continue to grind away. And maybe plan on an upgrade after I finish this major side project I’ve got going on with some paint and body work on a Scout.
    Guilt is such a tough thing, man.
    Sometimes it’s there to help us, like learning to not touch a hot stove help us, or correct us.

Sometimes it’s there unjustifiably, good intentions but wrongful or misleading thinking.

I think time helps, when you have it, and it sounds like you have some time to process and diagnose. Both the ride and the emotions/logic.

But guilt doesn’t mean beat yourself up. I think sometimes that’s our first response. I personally think it helps to disconnect, emotionally (that’s where time can help). We’re looking for this certain forest while standing in the middle of all these trees.

Process, but don’t beat yourself up along the way.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Guilt is such a tough thing, man.
    Sometimes it’s there to help us, like learning to not touch a hot stove help us, or correct us.

Sometimes it’s there unjustifiably, good intentions but wrongful or misleading thinking.

I think time helps, when you have it, and it sounds like you have some time to process and diagnose. Both the ride and the emotions/logic.

But guilt doesn’t mean beat yourself up. I think sometimes that’s our first response. I personally think it helps to disconnect, emotionally (that’s where time can help). We’re looking for this certain forest while standing in the middle of all these trees.

Process, but don’t beat yourself up along the way.
    Thank you. I, like a lot of us, get hyper fixated on things. For short bursts. It’s been happening all my life. And it wasn’t until a couple years ago that it was pointed out to me. And it’s taking a long time to wrangle it in. But I’m there. I still get hyper fixated on things, “flavor of the week” as my wife likes to say, but it’s different now. I take the time to do the research, run scenarios through my head and take a break from it. If I come back to it again as a possibility, then I take a deeper dive. I try not to just jump on things anymore. It’s hard. Extremely hard. Takes constant work… but FOMO, Fear of Missing Out, is no longer the way I want to live!

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County

I think we all have been through something like this. Don’t beat yourself up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom