The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I like the smell of Kroil.

So is it a she doing the deals now? Got any good stuff? :laugh6:

SOP down there in the valley is car pulls up, thumping on door, somebody leaves house and gets in car. Car goes to end of road, returns after brief time. Car leaves, thumping on door again I presume to be let back in. Repeat in 20 minutes.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You have my thanks for working on such a stubborn issue for me. The frame sat for 2 months with weekly applications of first Ballistol and then WD-40 on the mechanisms, to no avail. My hardware kung fu is weak when it comes to guns, unfortunately. Very glad yours is up to snuff... :yesway:
    I'll cold blue the new parts when they get here if they are in the white so they'll hold oil better before installing them

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The woman folks are done with the Turkey Day shopping. CKW and the terrorists baked cookies when they got home from school. Tomorrow they decorate them.
    I get to thaw the bird and prepare the ingredients to stuff it with. Oranges/apples/celery/onion and some secret herbs and spices. Should be pretty good.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    The woman folks are done with the Turkey Day shopping. CKW and the terrorists baked cookies when they got home from school. Tomorrow they decorate them.
    I get to thaw the bird and prepare the ingredients to stuff it with. Oranges/apples/celery/onion and some secret herbs and spices. Should be pretty good.

I am on duty for the deep fryer as usual. Gonna inject her with something a little different this year instead of the classic Creole butta

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am on duty for the deep fryer as usual. Gonna inject her with something a little different this year instead of the classic Creole butta
    Bypassing all the charcoal/deep fry options and putting mine in the oven just like my peoples did when I grew up. They were wonderful tasting and I am ready to do that again. It takes some time but man its worth the wait.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Even'n gents

Been working on a 1955 Marlin 39a tonight. Picked it up as a gunsmith special. It's in really good shape just needs a firing pin. Got lucky and found a new oem one on EBay of all places. Should be rocking and rolling by Saturday sometime.

View attachment 169030
    Put it next to my 71 39a and there's some subtle differences but for the most part they're the same inside and out.
    View attachment 169031
    View attachment 169032
    Not MM quality pics but I'm working on it..
    One of my all time favorite guns. I have a ‘64 Mountie and a ‘69 39a. I had a ‘78, but it moved on.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Even'n gents

Been working on a 1955 Marlin 39a tonight. Picked it up as a gunsmith special. It's in really good shape just needs a firing pin. Got lucky and found a new oem one on EBay of all places. Should be rocking and rolling by Saturday sometime.

View attachment 169030
    Put it next to my 71 39a and there's some subtle differences but for the most part they're the same inside and out.
    View attachment 169031
    View attachment 169032
    Let me know when you want to part with the peep sighted one.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Even'n gents

View attachment 169030
    View attachment 169031
    View attachment 169032

AMAZING!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom