The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Hello

I have 7 sets of 1911 grips remaining. Would anyone care to take all of these sets off my hands, for FREE? If so, speak up and send me your shipping info in a PM/Conversation.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/reduced-prices-12-2-21-1911-grips-yuge-selection.514169/

Thanks
    The Spicy One
    You're going to get rid of those and then one day you are going to go through a 1911 phase and wish you had them again. Maybe. This could be the after shave talking.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Now that we are back on the subject of 1911….

Thoughts, opinions, admonishments please:

I have located 2 Springfield 1911 Range officers both black parkerized finish.

One is the operator model — has a rail, combat rear sight, fiber optic front sight, 2 magazines

The other is a Range officer target — adjustable rear sight, standard front sight, 2 magazines.

Both are the same price (stretching the gun fund a bit) but the Operator is local and the other would add a transfer fee (has free shipping).

OR

Prices are leveling off and for about $100 less I can probably get a new Garrison in Stainless finish (I would prefer stainless but not a deal breaker).

I don’t have any weapons with a fiberoptic sight but am thinking it might help my sight picture.

Not sure I really need an adjustable rear sight but this will be a range gun, not for HD or carry.

Decisions, decisions, decisions…

All and any comments welcome (be nice please).

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.

One is the operator model — has a rail, combat rear sight, fiber optic front sight, 2 magazines

The other is a Range officer target — adjustable rear sight, standard front sight, 2 magazines.

Both are the same price (stretching the gun fund a bit) but the Operator is local and the other would add a transfer fee (has free shipping).

OR

Prices are leveling off and for about $100 less I can probably get a new Garrison in Stainless finish (I would prefer stainless but not a deal breaker).

I don’t have any weapons with a fiberoptic sight but am thinking it might help my sight picture.

Not sure I really need an adjustable rear sight but this will be a range gun, not for HD or carry.

Buy all 3?

Also TD ive been through a couple brands of heated jacket including milwaukee and they all leave alot to be desired. Never could find one with adequate lower back heating. Just doesnt seem like anyone has nailed down a good design yet.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

OR

Good thing is that you don't have a wrong option.

I'd prefer the non-railed Range Officer Target and drop a FO sight on it or the new Garrison but if you want a rail....

My preferred sight picture has changed with age. Now, I almost need FO fronts and some kind of FO or dot rears.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom