The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    If the group sizes that I've seen Spicy, Tarzan (and other CZ'ickos) post , get any smaller ..... my pursuits, and inadequacies in this arena will cause me to throw up my hands in utter dispair ! You accuracy worshipers better stop it, or you'll be responsible for pushing me over the edge. :tantrum:

OK.... as you were ! ;)

I'm just getting started with .22LR.

From a day or two ago...50 yds, 5 shot groups from the CZ 457.

PXL_20211203_221241789~2 (Custom).jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I was in Highsmith's today and saw a rifle that looks like something Leadeye would pull out. It looked to me like a giant Ruger No. 1. but said Lyman but I guess Ruger and Lyman did a collaboration with these large 45-70's with 28 inch barrels and those old school scopes. It was a beautiful rifle. I found a picture of one online.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I was in Highsmith's today and saw a rifle that looks like something Leadeye would pull out. It looked to me like a giant Ruger No. 1. but said Lyman but I guess Ruger and Lyman did a collaboration with these large 45-70's with 28 inch barrels and those old school scopes. It was a beautiful rifle. I found a picture of one online.

Ruger No.1 in 40-70 is on my list of grail guns.

Pretty dang cool!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The Dillon arrived and my mind went into a time warp for the rest of the day, before I knew it, it was 9pm.

I didn't order an $80 riser mount for the press, because I had a fresh piece of 2x6 laying around that needed purpose. So I worked my magic and attached it to my bench using two existing holes where my drill press goes (and can be swapped out in 5 minutes).

After I got it set up, I got the daughter out in the garage and found out she was a natural at de-priming brass. She asked for more and more, so I let her go to town on it. After that, I started getting ideas of building her a rifle and the two of us learning to reload for it together.

I had a section of 2x6 leftover and wanted to make a little stand for the extra tool heads anyways, so I used that. I used some 6-14 AWG wire nuts that I had leftover from the garage heater install, some large nuts and 3" drywall screws. I gave myself room for 2 more tool heads down the road when I add calibers.

The press is worth every penny. It's well made, solid and buttery smooth.

20211205_204950.jpg

20211205_205003.jpg

20211205_205017.jpg

20211205_205036.jpg

Last edited:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    The Dillon arrived and my mind went into a time warp for the rest of the day, before I knew it, it was 9pm.

I didn't order an $80 riser mount for the press, because I had a fresh piece of 2x6 laying around that needed purpose. So I worked my magic and attached it to my bench using two existing holes where my drill press goes (and can be swapped out in 5 minutes).

After I got it set up, I got the daughter out in the garage and found out she was a natural at de-priming brass. She asked for more and more, so I let her go town on. After that, I started getting ideas of building her a rifle and the two of us learning to reload for it together.

I had a section of 2x6 leftover and wanted to make a little stand for the extra tool heads anyways, so I used that. I used some 6-14 AWG wire nuts that I had leftover from the garage heater install, some large nuts and 3" drywall screws. I gave myself room for 2 more tool heads down the road when I add calibers.

View attachment 170410

View attachment 170411

View attachment 170412

View attachment 170413
    Looks well organized and ready to go!

Any chance I can let you loose to organize my wood shop for a week or 2?

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Good job Travis. Please take your time while learning loading/reloading. When I’m at the press, no phone or anything that disturbs my concentration. Please read multiple reloading manuals and just because someone else’s load works for them it might not work for you. Glad you went with the Dillion, you won’t regret it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Good job Travis. Please take your time while learning loading/reloading. When I’m at the press, no phone or anything that disturbs my concentration. Please read multiple reloading manuals and just because someone else’s load works for them it might not work for you. Glad you went with the Dillion, you won’t regret it.
    Most definitely will be safe and methodical. I'm not taking any chances on this stuff.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

After I got it set up, I got the daughter out in the garage and found out she was a natural at de-priming brass. She asked for more and more, so I let her go to town on it. After that, I started getting ideas of building her a rifle and the two of us learning to reload for it together.

View attachment 170410

View attachment 170411

View attachment 170412

View attachment 170413
    I may need a moment alone boys.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom