• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Clear cut or selective cutting?
    Down to about 8 inches, around here they call it sandpapering. Just moving the equipment around is crunching up a lot of smaller trees, they are using a D7 to clear paths. I've never seen logging done this fast. The machine moves up to the tree and you hear this whirring noise like a turbine spinning up followed by a shrieking sound and a geyser of sawdust, then down comes the tree. The skitter grabs it and it goes over to the yard. tcat.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Down to about 8 inches, around here they call it sandpapering. Just moving the equipment around is crunching up a lot of smaller trees, they are using a D7 to clear paths. I've never seen logging done this fast. The machine moves up to the tree and you hear this whirring noise like a turbine spinning up followed by a shrieking sound and a geyser of sawdust, then down comes the tree. The skitter grabs it and it goes over to the yard. View attachment 164271
    Saw a documentary on this wAy of logging. Damned amazing what men can do when there is a need.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Saw a documentary on this wAy of logging. Damned amazing what men can do when there is a need.

It's quicker than any logging I've ever seen and I've been around logging since I was a kid. They will probably be done Friday, the loader was loading trucks as fast as it could go all day. That saw on the cutter goes through a 2-3 foot tree base in less time than it takes to say it. I'll get some pics tomorrow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom