Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Thanks Mouse. When my sons come for a visit I always feel proud of the men they have become. This hit hard, we'll help do what we can, but it's going to be hard for them
    Raising men of character is a gift. To father. . .and son.

2.5 oz of Noah's Mill in my glass tonight, thanks to Bcannon. A fine way to close a day.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I'm up, although not for long I hope.

Been hunting for front rests again. The ones I'm interested in are OOS so it's still hurry up and wait...maybe for a long time.

I got a couple of good 5 shot groups in today while I was getting used to the CZ 457 with a new Timney trigger installed and set to ~8.5oz pull weight.

PXL_20211019_203214539~2cropped (Small).jpg

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Well.....got the Covid-19 Delta variant from my lovely wife last Tuesday....or should I say one of her deadbeat 6th graders, who will probably work at a local McDonalds....making $20+ dollars an hour!?!?!

All was quiet on the western front, avoiding my wife like the plague (who was carrying the plague....lol)
    I ended up going to the hospital, thanks to the wife's prodding. I ended up getting the infusion treatment after seeing my wife suffer for 2+ weeks. I highly recommend the infusion treatment, shortened the crap down to just 3 days of fevers and light headedness. Loosing sense of smell, that was different. I hope my bathroom contractor buddy shows back up, once the house of Covid has FINALLY cleared around here.

Took our younger "old goat" cockapoo to the Animal Hospital of Fort Wayne, this afternoon...$$$$
    Our vet wanted an X-Ray of Chewy's lungs and heart read by a cardio trained vet.....
    "That will be $550.99, sir......" does it ever end??? Chewy is going on 11, probably will be a couple more lots filled in our pet cemetery shortly in the new year.......sucks getting old.

So.....enough of the doom and gloom report..... I went to Harbor Freight of all places to find a killer gun deal....pay attention, T-Dogg!!! Harbor has Pelican like gun cases for $169.99 for the FDE tactical rifle case. It is 50" long, almost 14" wide with nice thick foam inside, air pressure valve, same plastic as Pelican's which is close to $400!!!! for the same dimension case!!!! If you join their Inside Track Program ($30 for 1 year, $45 for 2, with no auto renewal) I got the case for $119.99!!!! It also has heavy duty stainless ball bearings wheels on the one end. So, I know, $120 + $45 puts it at just $5 cheaper, BUT I'm thinking a black one in the near future, or 2 for some other reach out and touch ya variants I own.

Finally got back on here, had to remember how to do that 2 step verification.....CRS acting up (Can't Remember.....Skrap) Oh, and thanks Mcapo for reminding me of fall taxes......with all the craziness going on here in the house of Covid its nice to have a CZer put the boat back on an even keel.....

Still praying for the Mouse and his house.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Oh dang, Lee ..... I'm sorry that the Covid has brought great unpleasantness to your home ... yikes. Let's hope that it's mostly over for you, and your family !

I know about pet cemeteries. Between us, and our two daughters, I've buried dogs, cats, birds, turtles, frogs .... and probably some things that I've forgot.
    Lately, I have to be careful where I dig, because I might exhume a former pet's body !

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No pet gravesites in the yard. Been lucky that way but never had a lot to deal with. 2 dogs put down due to age. The cars seemed to wonder off or we found new homes when discovered the G-Daughter was terribly allergic to pet dander.
    We were always way to busy for many pets.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Oh dang, Lee ..... I'm sorry that the Covid has brought great unpleasantness to your home ... yikes. Let's hope that it's mostly over for you, and your family !

I know about pet cemeteries. Between us, and our two daughters, I've buried dogs, cats, birds, turtles, frogs .... and probably some things that I've forgot.
    Lately, I have to be careful where I dig, because I might exhume a former pet's body !
    Living next to the water, I know what ya mean. I can't go too deep, and I should have measured, or set up "plots" over the years. The 2 dogs are going to be really tough. These are true "family" pets. They have been around since we had our kids. Wally, the sweetest Yorkshire Terrier ANYONE has ever met, a little over 11 years old, has congestive heart failure. Chewy has a heart murmur, valve not closing on the left side...... I know I'm going to cry infantry tears when I have to put these 2 in the ground. They've been on our Christmas cards with the kids over the years......tear jerkers!!!! Every time, one walks out of our downstairs bathroom, Sydney, our 12 year old German Shepard's photo, is there with her content on the back of the pontoon, "smiling" at you. Dogs are 4 legged kids, love them to death, wife makes homemade dog food for them, real healthy stuff.......but time marches on.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Heck, we gave the kids regular funeral services for even their small pets (birds, frogs).
    We would all stand around the hole I dug, and say some kind words (no, I'm not kidding)
    I would even take my Dremel, plus an engraving bit .... and make tiny headstones for them on rocks.

Yeah, for the dogs and cats, I was never ashamed to cry.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Pet’s are family.
    Had dogs/cats all my life until the issues with Karma. She was terribly effected from the pet hair/dander so we made the obvious decision and no more pets.
    Yeah, in that case, changes had to be made .... it's too bad, but understandable. :thumbsup:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Well, Mouse and Lee ..... I've enjoyed visiting with you CZ'ickos, but even I have to get some sleep. I have a plumbing project tomorrow, and it's going to take all that I've got !
    Later, gangsters !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom