Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Twas a good day. Barb and I picked up two front end loader buckets of walnuts out of the yard. Finished up with a campfire and a bottle of red wine. Hummingbird feeders cleaned and put up for the season. Had to run the deer out of the sweet potatoes this morning. Just a really lovely day.
    Hope everyone is as well as can be expected.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Twas a good day. Barb and I picked up two front end loader buckets of walnuts out of the yard. Finished up with a campfire and a bottle of red wine. Hummingbird feeders cleaned and put up for the season. Had to run the deer out of the sweet potatoes this morning. Just a really lovely day.
    Hope everyone is as well as can be expected.
    I used to have lots of walnut in my yard. Used to pay the little boys (now grown men) next door a penny a nut to pick them up. Cost me some real cash one year when they filled 2-35 gallon trash cans. Always wondered if I could make a walk behind device like they use to pick up golf balls to pick up walnuts.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    No luck getting to sleep yet. Stepped outside to a beautiful night. Full moon hiding the orionids meteor shower while lighting up the last bands of whispy Clouds passing over. 56° has the feel of fall.

Meds should be kicking in to give me another shot at sleep. G'night all.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Sent the rail back and going with some Talley rings. Didnt like the rail, rings set up. Looked too busy and not clean.

Edit: forgot to mention that the ring, rail setup put the eye piece about a half inch higher than my comfort zone and wouldve had to put a cheek riser on and that wouldve added more business and not so clean. I think I'll be happy once the rings arrive.

Last edited:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I ordered a Sig P226 in .40 this morning. There are some unissued LE trade-ins floating around right now.
    If you don't mind me asking where did you find the pistol?
    Never mind I saw your link in the other thread.

Last edited:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Down to about 8 inches, around here they call it sandpapering. Just moving the equipment around is crunching up a lot of smaller trees, they are using a D7 to clear paths. I've never seen logging done this fast. The machine moves up to the tree and you hear this whirring noise like a turbine spinning up followed by a shrieking sound and a geyser of sawdust, then down comes the tree. The skitter grabs it and it goes over to the yard. View attachment 164271
    I could watch that all day!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom