• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    CZ! I Polish the track that the foot of the disconnector drags on. The idea is not to remove metal just make it smooth. Notice the tooling marks I leave in the work. It is in front of the mainspring passage. Also polish the inside of the frame where the trigger bar contacts just above and running horizontal just above the trigger bar spring.
    View attachment 144151

That looks like way more sophisticated work than I do to 150 year old Colts. Guys like you, CM and Alan are like artists, I see myself as more of a blacksmith.;)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    CZ! I Polish the track that the foot of the disconnector drags on. The idea is not to remove metal just make it smooth. Notice the tooling marks I leave in the work. It is in front of the mainspring passage. Also polish the inside of the frame where the trigger bar contacts just above and running horizontal just above the trigger bar spring.
    View attachment 144151

The master at work.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    CZ! I Polish the track that the foot of the disconnector drags on. The idea is not to remove metal just make it smooth. Notice the tooling marks I leave in the work. It is in front of the mainspring passage. Also polish the inside of the frame where the trigger bar contacts just above and running horizontal just above the trigger bar spring. Check to make sure there are no burrs around the cuts for the trigger passage and the hammer slot, just a light sandpaper work.
    View attachment 144151
    Very nice, sir.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    @JEBland - you were interested in a CZ 75D compact?

That site has a bunch of CZs in stock. Anyone ever deal with them? How do their prices look?

Edit: I've been looking at this one:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    The one on State St. is right by my work. Folks that own it are good people.
    INGO meeting overwatch!
    3e12b507f34056a581741e86b3aaa25e.gif

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    @JEBland - you were interested in a CZ 75D compact?

That site has a bunch of CZs in stock. Anyone ever deal with them? How do their prices look?
    $15 shipping and no sales tax looks pretty good. The best I could get the local shop here was $625 while paying in cash for a used gun with 2 mags, paperwork.

Edit: I've been looking at this one:

The P10s also looks better priced than than at the local shop and matches KYgunCo's price for the cash price: P-10s at KYgunCo (KYgunCo has free shipping I guess, but removes the cash discount at checkout so it's a wash). Indiana Gun Club has some P-10 pistols in, but the only subcompacts are with colored frames and they're asking $600.

I will probably sleep on it and maybe try it in the A.M. Recently my one credit card got hacked. By I just got the replacement in the mail. Capital One allows the use of "virtual card numbers." Might be worth using that feature for a new-to-me business.

Edit: Seems mixed. See https://www.bbb.org/us/or/portland/profile/gun-dealers/northwest-armory-1296-22092126
    But over at G-talk: https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/h...nterfire-systems-or-northwest-armory.1869256/
    Positive review.

Edit 4 (I think):
    Redit has a website blacklist to help prevent issues: https://www.reddit.com/r/gundeals/wiki/blacklisted_websites

Last edited:

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    @JEBland - I've got an FFL nearby that does the transfers for $25, thanks @Snapdragon for the info on that, so that P10S is looking good.

Of course getting another striker fired CZ leaves me a junior member of the CZ club. Striker fired CZs are there to give you a taste and prime you for the "real" thing.
    I've never shot a P-10. But I held a P-10C. It was pretty nice in the hand. The only strikers that have me curious are the CZs, the Steyrs (I have one in 40 and .357 Sig), and the Arex Delta. But the Arex is as much or more than the CZ for a less proven design, so I don't know why it would get my money (unless the new Gen 2 optics ready is a feature of interest).

RamZs in Lafayette does a $20 transfer (they also sold me that BPS).

I like my P-09 and even thought the double action was okay until I briefly owned a Sig P250. I've got some CGW parts to help alleviate that. If I get a PCR, I think I'll be paying the wizard for his magic if I'll be using it to carry. The P-09 was cheap enough that I can use it to learn (current prices are about 50% higher for the plain black than what I paid for OD).

I may take the gamble on that NWarmory. The G-talk review is somewhat convincing. Some other folks go to the Scotsdale location and apparently like it. I'll decide in the A.M. Thanks for the link.

I'm off to bed. Goodnight, all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom