Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m not as comfortable with heights as I used to be. Even back in the day, being in a bucket lift looking at stuff on the tail of a 747 on a breezy, foggy San Francisco night was way beyond my comfort level.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I just took a nice nap as well. taking a 14 year old out shopping is a challenge. She is a well trained Ninja warrior of the shopping world. 3 stops and lunch. Wore my butt out.

Since the surgery I get worn out easily. Monica and I went to pick up a few things at Menards and then Wally World, the grabbed a sandwich and by the time we got home I was done in. Doc said I'd wear out easily for a couple months after surgery but man this is nuts.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I was driving by a couple of the local reservoirs yesterday and it seems like people were parked EVERYWHERE and in the woods searching.

The competition must have been fierce in the forest. Is this a full contact sport?
    All of mine come from my private 7 ac. woods. If competition shows its' ugly head, it'll be time for the three S's !:chuck:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Never fear ..... I will happily eat your share ! ;)
    Save some for me! We used to have a big camping trip each April revolving around the hunt. Some of my best times as a kid. My thing was when they were cooked at dinner I would heat up a cup of leftover bfast gravy on the campfire and dip away. Then go shove May Apples in my dad's boonie hat (I was already in camo head to toe) and try to hide.

Had a great day today. I am burnt to a crisp. Been on the firing line with Pickle Lady all day. Glad to be home

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Since the surgery I get worn out easily. Monica and I went to pick up a few things at Menards and then Wally World, the grabbed a sandwich and by the time we got home I was done in. Doc said I'd wear out easily for a couple months after surgery but man this is nuts.
    I have been at about 50% efficiency for maybe 2 months now. Some days are better but Just no where near normal.
    Took the 14 year old to lunch. Then out to Plainfield and her favorite store Barnes and Noble. She is in her zone when there. Maybe an hour. Then to Michaels for art supplies. Again, she is in her zone.
    Stopped at Target on the way home s she could get something nice for the terrorists.
    That girl is a shopping Ninja.
    Home and on the couch......:drool:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I have been at about 50% efficiency for maybe 2 months now. Some days are better but Just no where near normal.
    Took the 14 year old to lunch. Then out to Plainfield and her favorite store Barnes and Noble. She is in her zone when there. Maybe an hour. Then to Michaels for art supplies. Again, she is in her zone.
    Stopped at Target on the way home s she could get something nice for the terrorists.
    Our daughter is a book reading monster lately. Taking her to Barnes and Noble tomorrow. Might grab some ice cream while we're out. Or maybe a soft pretzel with cheese from Auntie Anne's. Or maybe both.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Our daughter is a book reading monster lately. Taking her to Barnes and Noble tomorrow. Might grab some ice cream while we're out. Or maybe a soft pretzel with cheese from Auntie Anne's. Or maybe both.

Bookstores and libraries were my favorite places growing up. I've been addicted to reading as soon as I learned how to read. Now I have a Kindle that feeds that addiction with a constant stream of reading materials. Good on you for instilling that in the younger generation.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Bookstores and libraries were my favorite places growing up. I've been addicted to reading as soon as I learned how to read. Now I have a Kindle that feeds that addiction with a constant stream of reading materials. Good on you for instilling that in the younger generation.
    I can't take much credit for her desire to read, other than paying for the books she wants from Amazon or the bookstore. I used to take her to the library, but we haven't been in a few years. She doesn't get her desire to read from me. My reading comprehension isn't very good, in all honesty. I have to read things several times over to fully understand what I'm reading. I have always been a visual learner. I can read something 50 times and still not fully understand it. But. if you show me in person, something I can experience with my eyes and feel with my hands, then I will generally understand it. Unless we are talking about women, because no man can understand a woman. Ever.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I can't take much credit for her desire to read, other than paying for the books she wants from Amazon or the bookstore. I used to take her to the library, but we haven't been in a few years. She doesn't get her desire to read from me. My reading comprehension isn't very good, in all honesty. I have to read things several times over to fully understand what I'm reading. I have always been a visual learner. I can read something 50 times and still not fully understand it. But. if you show me in person, something I can experience with my eyes and feel with my hands, then I will generally understand it. Unless we are talking about women, because no man can understand a woman. Ever.
    If we understand that we can't understand them, then don't we understand them?

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I too learn more from visual aspects. I have to really be into the subject matter to read a moderate length book. I'm not really into fiction so that doesn't help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom