The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes indeed, he sure does know what needs attention, and exactly how much. Sheesh does that guy have the magic touch. I can't remember who ended up with the OD cerakoted RAMI from a few years back, I think it's been passed around a bit, but... DANG. For what you have to work with in such a subcompact amount of space, that trigger was almost telepathic.

That's funny about an allergic reaction to a 14lb trigger pull, hahh!!

I have allergic reactions to G****s and then I bleed. I have witnesses.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Yes indeed, he sure does know what needs attention, and exactly how much. Sheesh does that guy have the magic touch. I can't remember who ended up with the OD cerakoted RAMI from a few years back, I think it's been passed around a bit, but... DANG. For what you have to work with in such a subcompact amount of space, that trigger was almost telepathic.

That's funny about an allergic reaction to a 14lb trigger pull, hahh!!

I think that ChrisK has that RAMI, as he let me dry-fire it a couple of times in both DA and SA while at the Spring Gala Event. It was definitely an OD RAMI, and it was definitely a nice trigger !

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    There won't be time for a range trip for me this week, as I've promised myself (and my wife !) to get some much needed projects done this week. This will allow me to clear my conscious, and enjoy the upcoming 'free fishing weekend' (June 2nd & 3rd) that the DNR has bequeathed to us citizens.
    There's a nice big pond at Owen-Putnam State Forest that's just 4 miles from our cabin. Fishing is fun, although we throw everything back in the water ..... my wife won't eat any creatures that she's seen alive and still wiggling. :):

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I was looking through photo albums that my dad constructed, and have been in my possession since he passed away about 15 years ago.
    My dad was a graphic artist, and was very meticulous about his photo albums.

This photo was marked " Mike ... his second Christmas" (which means that I was one month shy of 2 years old).
    Do you think that destiny found its mark ? Check out the Daniel Boone coonskin cap, and appropriate toy rifle ! ;)

i-LXDJGk4-M.jpg

I hope that you guys are OK with this kind of 'sharing'. I don't have many friends left (they all seemed to have moved-away, or passed-away).
    .... was just feeling kind of nostalgic tonight. And wow, I just noticed that it was 2 AM !!! EEK ... I'd better get some shuteye.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    The Wizard had a RAMI when I picked mine up. It was a very very nice trigger. The guy just knows what needs what where. His DA pulls are outstanding. SA pulls are just a thought away from the hammer falling.

I just want to stop by his place once a week and drool.

While I was there last Friday, he tried out the trigger on a SW CS40 I had. Pretty sure he had an allergic reaction to the 14 pound DA. Hopefully, I can improve it a little before he fires it as a CS10mm. Luckily, I had a snake gun with me and I think the old school Colt trigger help him recover?

Checking out the S&W CS40 that mcapo showed me last week made me remember when BA started his S&W gun frenzy before discovering the CZ line of greatness! He had many of the Smiths and I had a few but we really liked the CS. Granted that the triggers need a block and tackle system to achieve a decent trigger pull compared to our CZ's. After mcapo left I had to get back to my gun room to fondle my CZ's to alleviate the allergic reaction of such a heavy triggered Smith!! It should be fun after he gets it changed over to 10mm:rockwoot:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    MM - Photo albums. Replaced by Facebook. Keep sharing. Since I am knocking on 50, makes me feel younger! LOL!

Last day of school for my northern cell terrorist....will be nice to not HAVE TO leave the house to take him to school. For better or worse, he will be here all day though!

The OD Rami was terrific!! When mine shows up, I have high expectation for its trip west!

Mr. Wizard - I am a bit of 1st to 3rd gen SW nut but the triggers in DA are just so heavy. I have a couple that have (relatively) nice SA triggers. Except for the 10mm, they seldom leave the safe. If I ever am forced to stop living vicariously through CM/AllenM's builds, I could see them turning into a few customs...except my Dad's model 59.

You guys post some good stuff today to keep me occupied...the Mrs. and I celebrate our 25th by going to a couple of doctor's waiting rooms!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    MM - Photo albums. Replaced by Facebook. Keep sharing. Since I am knocking on 50, makes me feel younger! LOL!

Last day of school for my northern cell terrorist....will be nice to not HAVE TO leave the house to take him to school. For better or worse, he will be here all day though!

The OD Rami was terrific!! When mine shows up, I have high expectation for its trip west!

Mr. Wizard - I am a bit of 1st to 3rd gen SW nut but the triggers in DA are just so heavy. I have a couple that have (relatively) nice SA triggers. Except for the 10mm, they seldom leave the safe. If I ever am forced to stop living vicariously through CM/AllenM's builds, I could them turning into a few customs...except my Dad's model 59.

You guys post some good stuff today to keep me occupied...the Mrs. and I celebrate our 25th by going to a couple of doctor's waiting rooms!

25 years is a milestone. Congrates.
    I am hauling the spouse down to IU med today.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I need to find some time (:lmfao:) to get back into the new single stack and fix a couple of issues. Then I can get on with the tuning phase. Sights are inn the mail.
    Allen is waiting on parts for the 2011 project.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. I have ruined my wife's Xmas before: itinerary was to leave for Alabama after Church.
    2. Reality: after church went to the hospital to vacation for 5 days (infection in bad leg: reocurring).
    3. This summer I'll be ruining my wife's vacation by a hip replacement surgery.
    4. We are at the age that there has been payback, though. :laugh:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What did the supplier say about the mis-located trigger pin hole in the frame? That just seems like an odd miss.

New frame. They even machined the replacement very close to what we sent back as Allen had it all fit up to the slide. Just a clean up here and there to get it initially fit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom