Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The before and after on 88's showed improvement but the trigger was still not comfortable for me. Not a pinch per-say but that stupid G**** safety bar was poking my finger.
    The gun in and of itself was pretty sweet actually. But it is a striker pistol and I am no fan.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Happy new year CZickos.
    I spent my week off work doing a project for the wife. I have never done anything like this before but I took my time and followed the plans. I was hoping to spend this time handloading my first 9mm but a happy wife is more valuable.
    halltree3.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Happy new year CZickos.
    I spent my week off work doing a project for the wife. I have never done anything like this before but I took my time and followed the plans. I was hoping to spend this time handloading my first 9mm but a happy wife is more valuable.
    View attachment 62373

That is pretty neat. I hope you built up a good reserve of brownie points with that one.

Happy New Year to all of the Miscreants that frequent this thread.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I believe that was the case, yes. I didn't feel it too badly when dry firing, but definitely noticed it when shooting the gun. More than ~50 - 100 rounds would irritate my finger quite a bit. The replacement trigger 88 put in his was better, but I still noticed a little bit of a pinch. Keep in mind, I also hate stock G***k triggers as well. I just added an Apex trigger kit to my G23 and like it much better than the stock trigger. Now, if only that gun didn't jam on me about 10% of the time... :(
    Hmm. I have no plans to pick up a P10C or replace my Glocks at this point. The P10C did feel pretty good in the hand and from what I remember shooting one the trigger didn't bother me as much as the sights did.

Weird about your Glock not being reliable. I've owned tons of them, only malfunctions I ever had were from 1) Tulammo in 9mm (one empty shell got stuck in the chamber)
    and 2) multiple failures in a G26 from an aftermarket part (Ghost connector, was supposed to be a "drop in" part), this gun had been 100% reliable prior to the modification.
    The before and after on 88's showed improvement but the trigger was still not comfortable for me. Not a pinch per-say but that stupid G**** safety bar was poking my finger.
    The gun in and of itself was pretty sweet actually. But it is a striker pistol and I am no fan.
    I'm not a fan of "the dingus" trigger blade safety either, it can be quite annoying at times.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Happy New Year everyone!

Hmm. I have no plans to pick up a P10C or replace my Glocks at this point. The P10C did feel pretty good in the hand and from what I remember shooting one the trigger didn't bother me as much as the sights did.

Weird about your Glock not being reliable. I've owned tons of them, only malfunctions I ever had were from 1) Tulammo in 9mm (one empty shell got stuck in the chamber)
    and 2) multiple failures in a G26 from an aftermarket part (Ghost connector, was supposed to be a "drop in" part), this gun had been 100% reliable prior to the modification.

I'm not a fan of "the dingus" trigger blade safety either, it can be quite annoying at times.

Yeah, I'm just really unlucky with G***ks. Two G19's I had never had an issue. Same with a gen 4 G17 and a G26. Had failure to feed issues with a G34 and the wife had limp wrist issues with two G42's (I would occasionally get an issue with them as well, so it wasn't only limp wristing issues). This particular gun is a gen 3 with the NiBX coating. Bought it for $385 out the door, which I had thought was a great price until I started having issues with it failing to chamber rounds. It was 100% stock when I got it, when it started having issues. Put a new recoil spring in it and had a G***k armorer work on it, but it still has ~10% failure rate. I switched out the trigger because I really hated the stock trigger. Putting the Apex kit in didn't help or hurt, as I'm getting about the same number of failures as before. I even verified it wasn't a magazine issue. A quick search online shows that other people have also had issues with the NiBX coated guns, so I'm not the only one. It looks like it's going to have to go back to G***k to be serviced. I have one other thing I need to try, which is different ammo. All my testing has been with S&B 180gr .40 ammo. While that should be fine, I need to test with a couple of other brands to be sure it isn't picky on the type of ammo it eats. As soon as I'm past my cold/flu, I'll have to test that theory.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Happy New Year everyone!

Yeah, I'm just really unlucky with G***ks. Two G19's I had never had an issue. Same with a gen 4 G17 and a G26. Had failure to feed issues with a G34 and the wife had limp wrist issues with two G42's (I would occasionally get an issue with them as well, so it wasn't only limp wristing issues). This particular gun is a gen 3 with the NiBX coating. Bought it for $385 out the door, which I had thought was a great price until I started having issues with it failing to chamber rounds. It was 100% stock when I got it, when it started having issues. Put a new recoil spring in it and had a G***k armorer work on it, but it still has ~10% failure rate. I switched out the trigger because I really hated the stock trigger. Putting the Apex kit in didn't help or hurt, as I'm getting about the same number of failures as before. I even verified it wasn't a magazine issue. A quick search online shows that other people have also had issues with the NiBX coated guns, so I'm not the only one. It looks like it's going to have to go back to G***k to be serviced. I have one other thing I need to try, which is different ammo. All my testing has been with S&B 180gr .40 ammo. While that should be fine, I need to test with a couple of other brands to be sure it isn't picky on the type of ammo it eats. As soon as I'm past my cold/flu, I'll have to test that theory.
    Ahh, I forgot about my wife having limp wrist issues with her Glock 42. Once I got her to get a more positive grip the issues went away. I'm interested to see if your issues go away with different ammo, it's often overlooked, but typically Glocks aren't known for being ammo picky.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I have a morning range session with a tall skinny kid today, temperature shows -1 outside currently. :n00b: I was out yesterday at the range for 4-5 hours, but it was much warmer.....about 10 degrees.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Happy New Year to everyone. I sure hope this one turns out better than the last one ended.

Glad to see you online Rick! I'm hoping you have a much better year this year!

Ahh, I forgot about my wife having limp wrist issues with her Glock 42. Once I got her to get a more positive grip the issues went away. I'm interested to see if your issues go away with different ammo, it's often overlooked, but typically Glocks aren't known for being ammo picky.

Yeah, my wife just wouldn't listen. She has bad wrists and due to that she can't hold a gun properly (at least for semi-autos that are susceptible to limp wristing). Told her G42's wouldn't work, but she had to try them. Not just one but two as she bought one from a friend who had no issues with theirs. After many failures with that one she finally listened and we tested various guns until we found what worked for her grip. Ended up with a Sig P938 and also an LCP II for her. Both work flawlessly for her and neither get the limp wristing problem. As for my G23 and ammo, I don't know. Just thought I'd try it to rule everything I can out before calling G***k to see if they can fix it.

I have a morning range session with a tall skinny kid today, temperature shows -1 outside currently. :n00b: I was out yesterday at the range for 4-5 hours, but it was much warmer.....about 10 degrees.

Have, um, fun?

The very best of this new calendar to you all.
    -6* here.

-5 here from what I understand. Hope everyone has a fantastic 2018!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    WT......trying to get a woman to listen to reason is just so hard to do. They will take what a friend or even something they read on line as gospel but if we try and get the very same point across good luck. There is a resistance to our views/opinions that is I believe inherent.

I love my spouse and she returns the emotion in kind but man she is one hard headed female.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    WT......trying to get a woman to listen to reason is just so hard to do. They will take what a friend or even something they read on line as gospel but if we try and get the very same point across good luck. There is a resistance to our views/opinions that is I believe inherent.

I love my spouse and she returns the emotion in kind but man she is one hard headed female.

Yep, my wife is exactly the same. She breathlessly explains something to me that she heard from a friend to which I usually reply "Honey, I told you that 6 months ago and you just ignored me". I've learned to just let it go... :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, my wife is exactly the same. She breathlessly explains something to me that she heard from a friend to which I usually reply "Honey, I told you that 6 months ago and you just ignored me". I've learned to just let it go... :):

I do sometimes have to remind myself of the attractions between a male and female and why the exist. God was pretty wise in this. The balance of things.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom