Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    WTB and I got to compare the two P10Cs, one with the HBI trigger and 1300 rounds through it and the other bone stock, with maybe 250 rounds down the pipe. The gun with the higher round count was smoother and the pre-travel was about 50% of the stock gun. But, other than the much decreased tendency to pinch the trigger finger, I don't think the difference was huge. I could have fun putting 200 rounds through each of them, but at the end, the stock gun would leave me with a tender trigger finger.

Being punished with pain....:lmfao:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    On a more frustrating note, the all steel, railed compact 75B in .40 is still not 100%. I ran it along side my 40P and while the 40P was perfect, the .40 SP01C had two light strikes and one failure to feed. I really need to figure that gun out. When it's running, it's a great shooter, but when it's not, it just wastes ammo. Once I get it working well, I might let that one go.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Hello??? Anyone home? I was going to go to the Range with Tom this morning but didn't feel like going out in the sunshine. So I have been inside in bed most of the day. What say you all? Dead day as well?

How about a range report on that new trigger in the P10 of 88's?

Had a full day today. Breakfast and then shooting. Took my stepson (wife's son) to lunch and then a movie. When the wife got home we all went out for dinner. Just got home and I'm pooped.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    On one of the bright sides of today, that 40P ran perfect. It's completely cajunized, so it's a fantastic shooter that makes me look better than I am.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    WTB and I got to compare the two P10Cs, one with the HBI trigger and 1300 rounds through it and the other bone stock, with maybe 250 rounds down the pipe. The gun with the higher round count was smoother and the pre-travel was about 50% of the stock gun. But, other than the much decreased tendency to pinch the trigger finger, I don't think the difference was huge. I could have fun putting 200 rounds through each of them, but at the end, the stock gun would leave me with a tender trigger finger.

Thanks for the range report. I am keeping my eye on the P10, hope to shoot yours sometime.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I have a chance to pick up a CZ75 DAO as part of a trade. I understand it's a fairly rare gun, but am looking for a little more info before I decide. Anybody familiar with this version or the CZ75?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a chance to pick up a CZ75 DAO as part of a trade. I understand it's a fairly rare gun, but am looking for a little more info before I decide. Anybody familiar with this version or the CZ75?

If the Wizard or Birds away do not pop in and answer this for you then PM them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

What are your plans for it if you do pick it up? It would make a great addition to any collection, but if you are just looking for a carry gun, it might be less valuable to have. DAO on a semi-auto is a fairly rare thing to begin with and with a bit of work, the DAO trigger on a 75B is really good. If tuned, it could make for a pretty good carry gun with a trigger pull similar to a tuned revolver. But most of it's value would be in having a rare CZ in the collection I think.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER

Thanks for the info, seems like a real interesting gun, only problem, turned out to be another Armslist Scam:xmad:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    On a more frustrating note, the all steel, railed compact 75B in .40 is still not 100%. I ran it along side my 40P and while the 40P was perfect, the .40 SP01C had two light strikes and one failure to feed. I really need to figure that gun out. When it's running, it's a great shooter, but when it's not, it just wastes ammo. Once I get it working well, I might let that one go.

Seems counter productive? Make it work right, then peddle it?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Seems counter productive? Make it work right, then peddle it?

I know what it feels like to buy a gun with high hopes and then find out that it was someone else's lemon, so I won't do that to anyone else. I could sell it with full disclosure, but at that point, I'd get little enough for it (especially in today's market for .40 pistols) that I might as well just keep it. It's an interesting puzzle for me to figure out right now and once it's running well, I may keep it or I might pass it on if I cannot get comfortable with it. I have a .40 P07 in the same boat. It had lots of issues at first but it's been 700 to 800 rounds since it's had a failure. Even though it's proven itself to be reliable now, I still don't feel the same way about it as I do my 9mm P07 that's never had an issue. Even though the .40 has probably had as many trouble free rounds, if not more, than the 9mm, it feels different to me.

With the .40 market the way it is, I'll most likely keep it, but if the .40 market warms up again, and the pistol is made safe for carry, it could find a new home.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My carry knife is a Kershaw Storm and there's usually a utility knife in another pocket. The utility knife rotation is a hodgepodge of things that I might grab.

Last night, I started to weigh the .40 slides after seeing that the .40 all steel compact was having issues while the 40P was not. The 40P came in a 327g, the P07 at 334g and the 75B in .40 at 345g. The problem child 75B Compact in .40 came in at 289g. I've found that the compact will run with a heavier spring, but that presents an issue in itself since the 22# Wolff spring has spring bind before the slide travels the full distance. Plus, it's also very short and has almost zero pre-load on it when installed. While rooting around through my spring box, I found a brand new factory rate 75B Compact spring that is listed as being for both the 9mm and .40 and is rated at 17#. But, it's also about an inch and a half longer than the 22# spring, so there's a lot of pre-tension that the 22# spring does not have. It also binds before the slide hits full travel though. I'll run that one to see how it does or if it makes any difference.

I'm thinking that the gun is under sprung given the weight of the slide but it's tough to find a good spring since the diameter is a lot smaller than any flat wire spring I've seen before and the length is very short. Finding a small diameter spring that does not bind is going to be a chore, but I'm thinking that it's what that gun needs. Either that or I can find someone who could weld in another 36g of weight on the slide to bring it up to 40P spec. Then again, the 40P runs a much larger flat wire spring, so that will not be much of a help anyway.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    One thing that I need to try is to replace the hammer spring with the factory spring. Three things help to arrest recoil. First, weight of the slide eats up recoil energy and then the recoil spring burns up a lot more recoil energy. Third, the hammer spring helps to slow the recoil too and I've not been taking that into account. I read earlier tonight about someone having an issue with a new CZ in .40 and described it as having "a 50lb trigger". If CZ used a heavy hammer spring to help tame the .40 round, it could explain why I'm having issues with mine now that it has a lighter trigger spring.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom