The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Morning CZ fans... :coffee:

CGW straight aluminum trigger and have been checking CZC, Ben Stoeger Pro Shop and a couple other places for an optics plate.

I may end up with this one as the other places are OOS: https://www.anrkydexholsters.com/product/cz-p-10-rmr-optic-plate/
    I am giving these guys a try. Standard shipping is slow (Czech Post 10-20 days, FedEx was quicker but lots more $ and as its coming from the Czech Republic and not always faster from what I have read) but I’m not in a rush.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    So I have had this convo off-line with a couple czicko's but for Saturday morning chatting at the gunshop err. INGO (sure do miss the days that Saturday morning was a social event at the LGS - but I digress).

I have moved away from my P365s as an EDC. Fine fine fine fine weapon but there are some things that I prefer in an EDC (you do you - no wrongs here - just talking my PREFERENCES!).

Other than small size, I prefer an EDC with second strike capability and kinda like a safety or a heavy DA trigger compared to a lighter striker fired gun like the P365.

I reverted to my SW M60 which has been my edc for the better part of 30 years minus a few years to a SW Shield and the P365. Tried out a Sig P938 for awhile (meh) along with a 44 spcl revolver.

So....I was thinking...what gun is "my" ideal carry gun?

SW has the CSX but SA only. Maybe a 3913?

HK 2000sk or P30sk?

Is it already in my safe? CZ PCR/P01/RAMI

What is the "best" subcompact EDC with second strike capabilities, small enough to edc, but comfortable enough to WANT to shoot it, reliable, etc?

When in doubt, grab that 5-shot snubbie. Model 60 for the WIN !

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    So I have had this convo off-line with a couple czicko's but for Saturday morning chatting at the gunshop err. INGO (sure do miss the days that Saturday morning was a social event at the LGS - but I digress).

I have moved away from my P365s as an EDC. Fine fine fine fine weapon but there are some things that I prefer in an EDC (you do you - no wrongs here - just talking my PREFERENCES!).

Other than small size, I prefer an EDC with second strike capability and kinda like a safety or a heavy DA trigger compared to a lighter striker fired gun like the P365.

I reverted to my SW M60 which has been my edc for the better part of 30 years minus a few years to a SW Shield and the P365. Tried out a Sig P938 for awhile (meh) along with a 44 spcl revolver.

HK 2000sk or P30sk?

What is the "best" subcompact EDC with second strike capabilities, small enough to edc, but comfortable enough to WANT to shoot it, reliable, etc?
    The CSX looks good on paper but it has gotten multiple negative reviews solely on the trigger. I think you’ll be disappointed.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I am giving these guys a try. Standard shipping is slow (Czech Post 10-20 days, FedEx was quicker but lots more $ and as its coming from the Czech Republic and not always faster from what I have read) but I’m not in a rush.

I thought about that one, but the ANR one is a bit less expensive and should take less time. I don't know. I'm not in a rush so I might wait on the less expensive one from CZC.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon

HK 2000sk or P30sk?

Sounds like the PCR fits the bill. Interesting post though as I’ve been contemplating a P365/x/xl or IWI Masada slim as carry option. Right now I choose between my Micro 9 which conceals very well and is very comfortable and my P01 which prints and isn’t nearly as comfortable. I’m sure a better IWB P01 holster would help too.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

HK 2000sk or P30sk?

What is the "best" subcompact EDC with second strike capabilities?
    Honest Outlaw would vote P07 although he now carries his only in winter and Shield plus is his small EDC.

The H&K P30SK intrigues me as its smaller than a compact CZ, but a little larger than a P365, has decent capacity (10, 12, 15) and a couple of trigger options. I have never shot one however but seems to get favorable reviews. similar size but lower capacity is the P2000.

Big BUT, its very similar in size and only a couple ounces lighter than the Rami and full disclosure: my EDC rotation (depends on what I am wearing) is PCR, Rami & P365.

YMMV

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Honest Outlaw would vote P07 although he now carries his only in winter and Shield plus is his small EDC.

The H&K P30SK intrigues me as its smaller than a compact CZ, but a little larger than a P365, has decent capacity (10, 12, 15) and a couple of trigger options. I have never shot one however but seems to get favorable reviews. similar size but lower capacity is the P2000.

Big BUT, its very similar in size and only a couple ounces lighter than the Rami and full disclosure: my EDC rotation (depends on what I am wearing) is PCR, Rami & P365.

YMMV

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

HK 2000sk or P30sk?

Of course the most obvious choice is 9x18!

CZ!

1710597824651.jpeg
    1710597986885.png

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Went to the LGS today and saw a SPFD I didn't know existed. It's in the Emissary line which I haven't liked the looks of but this one was a 9mm Commander length with full length rail and full length slab slide done in all black, even the barrel. This Emissary looks right, they were selling it for 1299.00 but good thing I looked on GB first as some are selling for as low as 1125.00. The one I looked at was very well put together and I didn't see anything I would need to 'fix'. It's not on SPFD's website and I don't know if it's someones exclusive or not.

Top Bottom