The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes, sir. Replaced a couple Vortex UH1s with them. The UH1 was a great option but the Holosun is a little clearer to me.

Well…less blurry. lol
    I'm going to show some ignorance, but do you like this more "pistol/handgun" optic than the stuff like the Holosun 503, Vortex Sparc, etc for a PDW like a Scorpion ?

I have the Vortex Sparc on my Freedom Ordnance but really wasn't into optics on my pistols at the time and just bought what I considered an inexpensive tube style red dot. I've since acquired 3 optics for handguns and am leaning toward a reflex sight like the 510c for that reason. But I will say I have not done the mathematics on the ergos on sight height on the PDWs, vs what one may want on an AR, etc.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I do prefer a reflex sight on a PCC/sbr/short range steel punching kinda gun out to say 50 or 100 yards. ie mpx

After that I prefer a 1xX lpvo for a little longer and slower shooting. ie 300 bo sbr ar

After THAT - give me all the magnification I can carry. lol

Nothing against a tube option though. I like the Aimpoint PRO a lot and the 503, as well - just find the reflex site a little easier to use.

Maybe if I shot more….

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I do prefer a reflex sight on a PCC/sbr/short range steel punching kinda gun out to say 50 or 100 yards. ie mpx

After that I prefer a 1xX lpvo for a little longer and slower shooting. ie 300 bo sbr ar

Nothing against a tube option though. I like the Aimpoint PRO a lot and the 503, as well - just find the reflex site a little easier to use.

Maybe if I shot more….

Same. I have/had a few tube red dots my early AR builds and have mostly changed over to reflex sights and scopes on ARs. I did recenty put an Aimpoint tube on an AK47 because I wanted as low of a mounting as I could get because AK stocks do not lend themselfs to scopes.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Same. I have/had a few tube red dots my early AR build and have mostly changed over to reflex sights and scopes on ARs. I did recenty put an Aimpoint tube on an AK47 because I wanted as low of a mounting as I could get because AK stocks do not lend themselfs to scopes.

So you have a cabinet full of unused optics too???

Whew.

Thought it was just me.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Maybe if I shot more….
    Cool, this is how I'm leaning so I wanted to understand if I was missing something obvious.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    On the cheaper side, non reflex sight, I've seen some mentions of this sight as interesting

Or this

I'm still thinking the holosun 510c. The 512 that @T-DOGG mentioned would be interesting as it's an enclosed emitter, but the price reflects that.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom