The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Perhaps my terminology is off, but there appears to be a fair amount of “grain”, for lack of a better word, on the sides. Leadeye’s explanation makes sense with it being “conformal” to the surface instead of covering over it like primer. I learned something new.

View attachment 336389
    I am not smart enough to understand what Leadeye said but my VERY limited experience is hard chrome is like bluing in that whatever the surface presentation is determines the final finish.

Maybe that is what he said? :stickpoke:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Little bending on the extractor and the cheap 1911 ran like a champ today on a quick range visit
    @T-DOGG will be the judge of that. He will need to see a spray chart with degree and distances noted along with charge weight of ammunition. He will also want to see high speed film from various angles.

and don't think I am kidding. I have been subject to this testing at the range...

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    @T-DOGG will be the judge of that. He will need to see a spray chart with degree and distances noted along with charge weight of ammunition. He will also want to see high speed film from various angles.

and don't think I am kidding. I have been subject to this testing at the range...
    I’m gonna have to bring Gary along next range visit to be my note taker.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I am not smart enough to understand what Leadeye said but my VERY limited experience is hard chrome is like bluing in that whatever the surface presentation is determines the final finish.

Maybe that is what he said? :stickpoke:

As a young man one of my assignments was to work with the lab guys at Arvin Industries. They had more guys with plating experience there than any place I've ever been and I asked a lot of questions as I was interested. Old guys with lots of experience in something love to talk about and show kids what they do. I learned a lot.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

Funny you mention that, I have two guns to function check for proper ejection after some ejector adjustment. Yes, ejector adjustment, not extractor.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Funny you mention that, I have two guns to function check for proper ejection after some ejector adjustment. Yes, ejector adjustment, not extractor.
    Got your bucket (on second thought you are probably using a shot glass) set out at 4 o'clock to catch the brass once you have that ejector tuned to your satisfaction?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Got your bucket (on second thought you are probably using a shot glass) set out at 4 o'clock to catch the brass once you have that ejector tuned to your satisfaction?
    Shot glass? Try a thimble.

I try for 3-4:30 and not dribbling out. For 10mm and .357 Sig (and maybe .45acp also) I want the brass to not get dinged up on the way out, in case I decide to reload pistol rounds ever. When I say dinged up, I mean dinged bad enough to cause concern about reusing the casing, not a little blemish.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Shot glass? Try a thimble.

I try for 3-4:30 and not dribbling out. For 10mm and .357 Sig (and maybe .45acp also) I want the brass to not get dinged up on the way out, in case I decide to reload pistol rounds ever. When I say dinged up, I mean dinged bad enough to cause concern about reusing the casing, not a little blemish.
    I almost said thimble, and backed away ;-) I should have went there as I know the CDO is strong.

That said, there's a lot to be said for craftsmen who have CDO vs an it's good enough mentality.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I really need to make time to get the rifles out and put some time at the range with them. I have barely shot centerfire rifles in the last year or so. My time is currently being split by 3 different projects going along with family needs.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I really need to make time to get the rifles out and put some time at the range with them. I have barely shot centerfire rifles in the last year or so. My time is currently being split by 3 different projects going along with family needs.
    Sometimes stuff just takes precedence. Needs get a hierarchy just like wants.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom