The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Well first trip with cheap 1911 was so so. Accuracy is great. Feel in hand is great. Hard to get through a mag. I suspect extractor needs bent a little. Will mess with it tomorrow during the day and hopefully hit range after work and it will work perfect

Last edited:

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Well first trip with cheap 1911 was so so. Accuracy is great. Feel in hand is great. Hard to get through a mag. I suspect ejector needs bent a little. Will mess with it tomorrow during the day and hopefully hit range after work and it will work perfect
    Good baseline to start from. That’s going to be a fun project. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

I think you meant the extractor needs bent. But also check the ejector. I have a Citadel 9mm. Basically the same gun. Citadel and Rock Island are both made by Armscor, supposedly in the same factory and sold to different importers. In my gun the Wilson Combat mags sit just a tad higher than the factory mags and would contact the bottom of the ejector. I didn’t notice it until the tip of the ejector broke off and I started getting frequent stove pipes. I put a Ed Brown ejector in it and it’s happy now.

Last edited:

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Don't tell Bcannon, but I prefer the Holosun that's on mine :whistle:
    Agreed, that thing shows the serious precision accuracy on the Shadow 2 compact :cool:
    Nothing too new besides the usual Monday range trip where I shot that amazing Shadow 2 Compact. I got inspired by the forum so I ordered myself a kershaw leek over the weekend too.

o20240227_221433.jpg

No real updates on the HBI trigger, they have the new trigger machined and were waiting on the anodizing process right now. I'm excited to get it and put it in when its ready. Should solve all my problems but all this waiting makes one nervous. Though I have confidence in their customer support.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I wish they would. Instead, they found that with the 'stainless' P01 several years back, that they could hard chrome a pistol, call it stainless and people would gobble them up and ask for more.
    I assume it's cheaper to hard chrome a pistol than to just make one from stainless?

I don't mind some polished stainless on a gun, just not the entire thing. And certainly not the entire gun in hard chrome.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I assume it's cheaper to hard chrome a pistol than to just make one from stainless?

I don't mind some polished stainless on a gun, just not the entire thing. And certainly not the entire gun in hard chrome.
    Aww, come on now. BBQ gun should be able to blind the competition at 50 paces on a sunny day.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    And possibly the wettest.
    Morning all!
    Recovering from cleaning a sump pit and replacing the pump yesterday. :puke:
    And the first short session on the new cool rowing machine.:patriot:
    :coffee: is next.
    Nice! I bought a rowing machine in 2023. Really like it...when I use it...easier on aging joints. 6000 meters and then a nap....lol

I need to start my day with a row...would be a good habit to develop.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Aww, come on now. BBQ gun should be able to blind the competition at 50 paces on a sunny day.
    I personally like a duo tone gun, stainless slide, and blued or black body. To me it looks classy.

I like them shiny, matte, dull, sweaty, pristine, dark, light, two tone, mono tone, BBQ'd up, duty rated and occasionally with a splash of color.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom