Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been carrying the PCR for a week now and keep thinking how small and light it is. It really feels comfortable in the holster. Then, last night, I put it next to my P229 .40 Legion and was amazed to see that it's pretty much identically sized except for the slide width. It really feels like the slim, light 9mm for summer carry but I guess not so much :dunno:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Did some trigger work on the Rem 1911 this evening. Got the trigger pull right where I want it, right in line with my others. There's some very slight creep, but hoping that will smooth out a little with round count. It's really only noticeable during dry fire.

Original with 80 series parts
    4 lbs 14.8 oz

Removed 80 series parts, installed TJ's spacer.
    4 lbs 0.6 oz

Polished sear, disconnector, sear spring contact surfaces. Adjusted sear spring (sear and disco legs).
    3 lbs 2 oz

The polishing took 0.6 ounces off the disco pull weight and 0.9 ounces off the sear pull weight. I forgot to reassemble and check actual trigger pull weight though. If I had to guess maybe 2-3 ounces off actual trigger pull.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    And I'll reaffirm what lots of people already know, pull weight is only a part of how a trigger "feels" to the shooter. My Sar K12 has a 5 pound trigger, but shoots very well and the trigger feels crisp. It will eventually get some loving in that department though. :cool:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Did some trigger work on the Rem 1911 this evening. Got the trigger pull right where I want it, right in line with my others. There's some very slight creep, but hoping that will smooth out a little with round count. It's really only noticeable during dry fire.

Original with 80 series parts
    4 lbs 14.8 oz

Removed 80 series parts, installed TJ's spacer.
    4 lbs 0.6 oz

Polished sear, disconnector, sear spring contact surfaces. Adjusted sear spring (sear and disco legs).
    3 lbs 2 oz

The polishing took 0.6 ounces off the disco pull weight and 0.9 ounces off the sear pull weight. I forgot to reassemble and check actual trigger pull weight though. If I had to guess maybe 2-3 ounces off actual trigger pull.
    That's quite an improvement.:yesway:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    And I'll reaffirm what lots of people already know, pull weight is only a part of how a trigger "feels" to the shooter. My Sar K12 has a 5 pound trigger, but shoots very well and the trigger feels crisp. It will eventually get some loving in that department though. :cool:

I would have guessed that closer to 3.5 pounds. Huh.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    By your setup I assume that you are left handed, yes?
    Yes, for long guns. Pistols and everything else in life I'm righty.

This is driven by an ocular deficit. Training around this particular obstacle has had me through hoops with optics over the years. Costly hoops, but useful information gathered along the way.

Edit: Sidenote, the Troy ambi mag release is a lifesaver for lefty's. I very highly recommend.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Been a beautiful day. Wife kafe klatched with half dozen or so church ladies. I made a trip to Sam's and Lowes. Dug a few potatoes. Stopped at the farmhouse cafe to hug my little sis on the way home. I haven't done much shooting lately, but I have been getting some stuff accomplished.
    Nuther $1800 on the mortgage principle this week. Progress being made. Drug (dragged?) logs yesterday.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Been a beautiful day. Wife kafe klatched with half dozen or so church ladies. I made a trip to Sam's and Lowes. Dug a few potatoes. Stopped at the farmhouse cafe to hug my little sis on the way home. I haven't done much shooting lately, but I have been getting some stuff accomplished.
    Nuther $1800 on the mortgage principle this week. Progress being made. Drug (dragged?) logs yesterday.

Farmhouse Cafe. We used to stop there with our twins when they were little munchkins. Assuming it’s the same place.

1689957618343.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom