THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Got to the range for some GPT late last week. I took the SW22 Victory PC pistol which has been a complete failure since the day I took it out of the box. The gun just would not eject rounds at all. I was ready to send it back to the factory but instead I bought the Eagle Talon extractor from TK. Managed to get it installed and off to the range. Gun is now 99.99% extracting the spent shells and I am a very happy camper. Also took my new to me Sig 320 Xcarry and was quite impressed with the way it shot.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Got to the range for some GPT late last week. I took the SW22 Victory PC pistol which has been a complete failure since the day I took it out of the box. The gun just would not eject rounds at all. I was ready to send it back to the factory but instead I bought the Eagle Talon extractor from TK. Managed to get it installed and off to the range. Gun is now 99.99% extracting the spent shells and I am a very happy camper. Also took my new to me Sig 320 Xcarry and was quite impressed with the way it shot.

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue on your Victory!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    TK makes good stuff!

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue on your Victory!
    You have no idea I had just let the gun sit in the safe for months and then decided I was going to make it work. The part that freaked me out was just how small the extractor was. I questioned whether I would be able to do the job but in the end I got it back together.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Not going to lie, this has been a subject I have been conflicted about for a long time. I could never, but the way I was brought up, a woman wouldn’t ever either.. that goes out the window in today’s society…
    I absorbed a couple slaps/girl punches from my x-wife more than a decade ago. Didn't hit back but didn't do nothing either. Think control/restrain until the moment passes.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Not going to lie, this has been a subject I have been conflicted about for a long time. I could never, but the way I was brought up, a woman wouldn’t ever either.. that goes out the window in today’s society…
    First off, I posted in that thread "actions have consequences" and I (hopefully) taught all my kids that. (Ok. Maybe one didn't quite hear that message.) Doesn't matter if you are male or female, if you raise a confrontation to a physical level, you should expect a physical response.

Doesn't matter male or female, people have a right to defend themselves from bodily harm.

BUT

A man darn well better be able to prove risk of bodily harm before defending himself against a woman - 'cause he's gonna lose in court 99 times out of 100.

As to the specific video - not enough information to draw a conclusion - if it is even legit.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Speaking of parts, CGW parts for the 97 finally back in stock, ordered and on the way :rockwoot:

Soon will be heading down the yellow brick road to the Wizard!
    We need pictures before and after. Trigger pulls specs before and after. Groups before and after.

A spreadsheet is acceptable. Graphs and pie charts are even better.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Nice looking commander sized 1911 just hit the classies:

I would imagine the idiot mark could be buffed out... :dunno:
    The Ronin Commanders are alloy frame so you might not be able to fix it easily like a steel frame.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Personally I prefer a firearm with character. I take care of my guns, but my favorite guns have some scars that make me love that piece even more. It’s the story of us. Lol
    That being said, discount for a cosmetic blemish is always a positive in my book. Even with collectors pieces. I enjoy wondering what caused it and the story it tells. A ronin… ehh I’ll add it to the work it like a tool column.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    We need pictures before and after. Trigger pulls specs before and after. Groups before and after.

A spreadsheet is acceptable. Graphs and pie charts are even better.
    I may have to hire Dr. Spicy for most that. Upgrades will be rather minor. Before pics are easy and have been posted before.

1679352037018.jpeg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The Ronin Commanders are alloy frame so you might not be able to fix it easily like a steel frame.

Makes it easier for me to pass. I'm not fond of anything smaller than 5" for a 1911. Less size/weight makes it less fun to me. My wrist doesn't let me shoot much .45 nowadays anyway. I took 50 rounds with me and both of my 1911's to the range, let the Wizard shoot a couple of mags and still came home with 10 rounds. My wrist was done. Switched to 50 rounds of 9mm which was fine, then several mags of .22 through the Victory to complete my GPT session.... :cool:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Makes it easier for me to pass. I'm not fond of anything smaller than 5" for a 1911. Less size/weight makes it less fun to me. My wrist doesn't let me shoot much .45 nowadays anyway. I took 50 rounds with me and both of my 1911's to the range, let the Wizard shoot a couple of mags and still came home with 10 rounds. My wrist was done. Switched to 50 rounds of 9mm which was fine, then several mags of .22 through the Victory to complete my GPT session.... :cool:
    That's why I like 1911's in 9MM.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom