• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I may have heard about it, but I didn't remember it.
    Oh now I remember it. Agreed with what I heard in that clip because, tome, what she was saying was we are losing civil liberties because someone else does something wrong. So I saw it as an anti Patriot Act statement and I felt like people wanting to be outraged just focused on the first clause because most people would agree with the second but because of who said it, they aren't going to admit it.

Now I have only seen that clip, not the whole speech so maybe that is why people focused on the first clause and not just because of who said it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Oh now I remember it. Agreed with what I heard in that clip because, tome, what she was saying was we are losing civil liberties because someone else does something wrong. So I saw it as an anti Patriot Act statement and I felt like people wanting to be outraged just focused on the first clause because most people would agree with the second but because of who said it, they aren't going to admit it.

Now I have only seen that clip, not the whole speech so maybe that is why people focused on the first clause and not just because of who said it.

It's not just that one thing, consider the source.
    The brother ****ing America hater has a history of like examples.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It's not just that one thing, consider the source.
    The brother ****ing America hater has a history of like examples.
    Don't misinterpret my interpretation of that clip with approval of the speaker.

I admit when I come here I mostly read posts....then I read articles linked in interesting posts. I hardly ever click on videos.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I understood it as, at best, an attempt to say not all muslims were implicated in the crime (unlike all white people vis a vis systemic racism, according to her) but was also an offhand drastic minimization of the magnitude of the crime - much like saying about the Holocaust that 'some Germans did something'

Personally, the conclusion I draw is that she doesn't see the attack as much of a problem, possibly something we deserved - unlike most patriotic Americans

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I understood it as, at best, an attempt to say not all muslims were implicated in the crime (unlike all white people vis a vis systemic racism, according to her) but was also an offhand drastic minimization of the magnitude of the crime - much like saying about the Holocaust that 'some Germans did something'

Personally, the conclusion I draw is that she doesn't see the attack as much of a problem, possibly something we deserved - unlike most patriotic Americans decent human beings
    FIFY

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom