The Coroner Arrived at the Scene....Embalmed!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Mark my words....she'll just get a slap on the wrist, pay a fine, and this will all disappear. Rules are just for us folk....not the elected elite.:xmad:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I've never quite understood why Indiana elects their coroners. Just bizarre to me. So when something like this happens, I am not surprised.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    I've never quite understood why Indiana elects their coroners. Just bizarre to me. So when something like this happens, I am not surprised.

I also don't understand. Hoosierdoc (or anybody else with insight), is there some difference between a Democrat or Republican coroner that requires election vs. appointment, or is it just personal preference for party? I'm always kind of confused by that on election day, you never hear anything about them, and I would think if you were selecting a coroner it's better to go off experience, education, etc. than party affiliation.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The downside of having a position where one is on call 24/7/365. :D

Sort of like I asked a smalltown volunteer fireman I know who i asked "what do you do when you're having a few beers with some friends and the alarm goes off?"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    I also don't understand. Hoosierdoc (or anybody else with insight), is there some difference between a Democrat or Republican coroner that requires election vs. appointment, or is it just personal preference for party? I'm always kind of confused by that on election day, you never hear anything about them, and I would think if you were selecting a coroner it's better to go off experience, education, etc. than party affiliation.
    Indiana is unique by choosing to elect our coroners. I'm a physician running for Marion County Corner on the republican ticket. What's the difference between a democrat and republican coroner? Philosophies on taxes, big government, gun rights...

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Perhaps if it were an appointed position, one might be required to have medical experience, taking all the fun out of it

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It doesn't affect the outcome of autopsies or death certificates, but as the above noted it's about how many office holders do you wish to be accountable to the people and their political views?

Welcome Ed!

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Indiana is unique by choosing to elect our coroners. I'm a physician running for Marion County Corner on the republican ticket. What's the difference between a democrat and republican coroner? Philosophies on taxes, big government, gun rights...

Understood. As far as the actual work required on the job, political affiliation/beliefs have no impact on how a coroner fulfills their duties, correct?

It doesn't affect the outcome of autopsies or death certificates, but as the above noted it's about how many office holders do you wish to be accountable to the people and their political views?

Welcome Ed!

Posted while I was typing. Still kind of strange, it just seems to me to be a more apolitical position, that's all. Not sure of either candidate's qualifications, but as long as you're both equally capable, I'll vote for you Dr. Eppler.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Thanks HoosierDoc!!!

The Coroner's office is a county-wide elected "law enforcement" office.

When voting for any office, keep in mind the party platforms regarding the rights that are important to you. This Republican has always been a firm supporter in the right to keep and bear arms...and will continue to fight for our second amendment right while holding Marion County Office.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Mark my words....she'll just get a slap on the wrist, pay a fine, and this will all disappear. Rules are just for us folk....not the elected elite.:xmad:

Um, for misdemeanor DUI arrests, the standard plea is $150 fine, 1yr probation, AAID Impact panel, and license suspended for 60days. However, you can apply for a hardship license to drive to/from work during that time. That is the standard result for "Joe Public" DUI charge. Is that too light for her? Misdemeanor DUI are slap on the wrists for EVERYONE.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Um, for misdemeanor DUI arrests, the standard plea is $150 fine, 1yr probation, AAID Impact panel, and license suspended for 60days. However, you can apply for a hardship license to drive to/from work during that time. That is the standard result for "Joe Public" DUI charge. Is that too light for her? Misdemeanor DUI are slap on the wrists for EVERYONE.
    let's not bring facts into this. no room for hate with facts :dunno:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Thanks HoosierDoc!!!

The Coroner's office is a county-wide elected "law enforcement" office.

When voting for any office, keep in mind the party platforms regarding the rights that are important to you. This Republican has always been a firm supporter in the right to keep and bear arms...and will continue to fight for our second amendment right while holding Marion County Office.

Let me know how many votes you get to make as coroner for gun rights.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero

Yes Sir, I do agree that Misdemeanor DUI charges are a slap on the wrist for EVERYONE. However, I submit that she will not even suffer the "Joe Public" standard result. If so, THAT is wrong.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I don't know how party affiliation should be relevant for coroner, sheriff, or various other positions where the duties are defined, but it does remove the opportunity for patronage appointments and such, so I see it as a feature rather than a bug. At least we're given the chance to judge them on the merits presented, as much of a joke as that may be with the electorate we have.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    The way I understand it, she is up for reelection next week. Do you think this will have any impact in the polls? My guess is she wont be coroner anymore.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    The way I understand it, she is up for reelection next week. Do you think this will have any impact in the polls? My guess is she wont be coroner anymore.

Read the article closely. This is a primary, not an election. She is unopposed in the primary. The only relevant question is whether the voters of Hancock County will remember this long-enough to vote for the Dummycrap in November.

Top Bottom