• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not that I really care about Britney Spears, like at all, but in reading about this mess I'm a bit confused. She asked for her father to be removed and for some financial group to be be named in his place. The request was denied and all these celebrities are throwing pity parties for Britney. Every article I read seems slanted towards why should she be under a conservatorship in the first place. Isn't that because she's a f'in nutbag? She had a breakdown and this was the result. Any time I hear about her, it's about how she is doing or saying something a bit, out there. Sounds to me like she needs someone to watch out for her and not let her do any darn thing she wants, as she's not a responsible person. The only question I have is, why do they leave her father in place when it sounds like there's a possibility he's being abusive? Inquiring minds want to know... :):

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Seems like the meds they have had her on to keep her doped out must be losing their effects.

Makes you wonder if she isn’t tied into this Epstein thing somehow since so many people in positions of authority seem to want her silenced and drugged.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Sure she’s a nut case. But how many people are out there walking around while being even bigger but cases than her? Her mental breakdown was over 10 years ago. She is on meds. Still a nut case, but somewhat under control.

I feel bad for her. She is a prisoner. If she is a danger to herself or others then she should be in an institution. If she can function with medication then let her live her own damn life no matter how crazy she is.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Paging Mr. Leadeye. Will Mr. Leadeye please pick up the white courtesy phone and give us our morning instruction to "follow the money".

Seriously, I have a hard time imagining that her father who didn't have time for her when she was in the process of becoming a train wreck really cares a hell of a lot for her personally.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Not that I really care about Britney Spears, like at all, but in reading about this mess I'm a bit confused. She asked for her father to be removed and for some financial group to be be named in his place. The request was denied and all these celebrities are throwing pity parties for Britney. Every article I read seems slanted towards why should she be under a conservatorship in the first place. Isn't that because she's a f'in nutbag? She had a breakdown and this was the result. Any time I hear about her, it's about how she is doing or saying something a bit, out there. Sounds to me like she needs someone to watch out for her and not let her do any darn thing she wants, as she's not a responsible person. The only question I have is, why do they leave her father in place when it sounds like there's a possibility he's being abusive? Inquiring minds want to know... :):

I thought this was going to be a thread about bird dogs.......very disappointed.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    As stated above she does seem to be well enough to keep providing the infusions of cash that those that "care" for her have become addicted to. I believe daddy is bringing in $16k a month "overseeing" her activities.

I'm not star struck so I tend not to click on those types of articles but it does smell fishy.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    As stated above she does seem to be well enough to keep providing the infusions of cash that those that "care" for her have become addicted to. I believe daddy is bringing in $16k a month "overseeing" her activities.

I'm not star struck so I tend not to click on those types of articles but it does smell fishy.

Smells of multiple levels of fishy to me.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Hollywood and the rest of the entertainment industry has a bad habit of parents putting their kids into music or acting and blowing throught the all the money they make before they reach adulthood. It wouldn't surprise me if this is just a case of her father having figured out a way to roll that over well into adulthood.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Wonder if it's something in terms of a bigger issue...the ability of the legal system to keep someone under "care" against their wishes when they're otherwise (mostly) functioning. I could see this being an issue in maybe elder care or some such...
    This is it spot on. I don’t care about some celebrity, but because big money is involved she is in essence a modern day slave. A pampered slave, but slave nonetheless. And her masters have the power of the State behind it. This can happen to anyone here if someone else wants your money bad enough and there’s enough of it.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Unless Spears has been declared mentally incompetent by the courts (which I don't know), it should be HER money to spend and do with whatever she chooses.

I suspect that "dad" is more worried about losing the Britney gravy train for himself, than putting Britney's rights first.

The world is full of nutty people who have a lot of money, and Spears is no different.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom