• ...and so much more!
  • HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Do you get out much?

Quite often.

The belief that homosexuals are, by nature, child molesters is asinine, as well as false. It's true to say that there is a correlation, much evidence points to it. But I like to regard american citizens innocent until proven guilty.

I'm going to take a guess and say that very few homosexuals will want to be involved in scouting regardless of the rules, especially in indiana.

You're probably right.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Hope you plan on keeping him out of public schools, stores, and anywhere else he might come across one of these people

Too right, because walking into a store, going to school for a day with hundreds or even thousands of other people, and going into the dark woods for a night or weeklong campout are exactly the same types of scenarios...

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Quite often.

Not often enough to know what goes on with many homosexuals

The belief that homosexuals are, by nature, child molesters is asinine, as well as false. It's true to say that there is a correlation, much evidence points to it. But I like to regard american citizens innocent until proven guilty.

Yea all those priests wanted older participates. :rolleyes:

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND

I live next door to 2 cohabitating homosexuals and I'll readily admit I don't know what 'goes on' with them. Other than they mow their grass, drive back and forth to work, they had a cookout last night...but I suspect that isn't what you mean.

So you believe that lifting a rule banning openly homosexual troops is going to result in more minors having homosexual contact during overnight trips?

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I live next door to 2 cohabitating homosexuals and I'll readily admit I don't know what 'goes on' with them. Other than they mow their grass, drive back and forth to work, they had a cookout last night...but I suspect that isn't what you mean.

?

Your two neighbors don't reflect all of homosexuals. It is what you see everyday so it has influenced your views. Just as all priests don't go after alter boys and all Muslims are not killing infidels. The desire for young adolescence sexual participants is prevalent in the homosexual lifestyle.

So you believe that lifting a rule banning openly homosexual troops is going to result in more minors having homosexual contact during overnight trips

Yes. Being most of the Scouts are minors you have never and will never hear about it when it happens.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    The desire for young adolescence sexual participants is prevalent in the homosexual lifestyle.

Where do you find that information? Do you mean that it is more prevalent than in heterosexual lifestyles?

Yes. Being most of the Scouts are minors you have never and will never hear about it when it happens.

I don't believe you, just like I don't think a rule banning firearms stops criminals from having firearms. As pedophilia is already illegal by law, I don't see how a boy scout rule will affect it.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    BoyScout-gay_zpsd4a95491.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    18yrold homosexuals influencing 11yeards olds is just wrong.

And by that measure, I dont want smokers as leaders either. They are also in a position of influence. Maybe even drinkers should be banned.

Oh, and DEFINITELY any dad that isnt currently married only once to his son's mother. Dont want them encouraging divorce and/or cohabitation.

Oh, and no anti-gunners. :):

Its a private organization. Dont like it, dont join , or quit. Easy as that. I used to be a member of the NRA. Now I dont appreciate some of the extreme derpy views they take so I chose not to join back up. :dunno:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Not like this rule allowed homosexuals. It just allowed them to be open about it. There are going to be just as many homosexuals in scouts as before the rules were changed. The age in which a child joins a scouts is generally well before they display any sexuality. You're not just going to quit because you can't come out of the closet. Unless the scouts have been holding inquisitions into their member's sexuality there will probably be just as many homosexuals as before. I really doubt we'll see molestation go up.

I also really doubt you'll have many people joining just because they're gay. Scouts is something that is fun to certain people. If they join because they allow homosexuals and that's the only reason they join; they will more than likely become bored with it and quit.

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011

Yea all those priests wanted older participates. :rolleyes:

You seem to be quite knowledgeable on the subject, would you like to cite some of your sources?

Not like this rule allowed homosexuals. It just allowed them to be open about it. There are going to be just as many homosexuals in scouts as before the rules were changed. The age in which a child joins a scouts is generally well before they display any sexuality. You're not just going to quit because you can't come out of the closet. Unless the scouts have been holding inquisitions into their member's sexuality there will probably be just as many homosexuals as before. I really doubt we'll see molestation go up.

I also really doubt you'll have many people joining just because they're gay. Scouts is something that is fun to certain people. If they join because they allow homosexuals and that's the only reason they join; they will more than likely become bored with it and quit.

I agree, I doubt the organization will change in the slightest.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I have had my grandsons in boy scouts in different troops in 3 different states...not what it use to be when my son was in scouts. The boys hated it, seems all scouts has become is for kids, no friends and many emotional problems along with parents who who seem to have the same issues.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I agree, I doubt the organization will change in the slightest.

It will definitely change:

a) More openly gay kids will be in the Scouts

b) The percentage of gays in the Scouts will increase as the Scouts against this policy will leave. We have already regretfully resigned. (And my son is a 3rd generation scout.) I know others that are as well.

c) The Scouts will become the brunt of gay jokes, bringing increasing disrespect to an incredibly awesome organization.

d) Those who a) believe their "duty to God" and their duty to remain "morally straight" is in direct conflict with homosexuality and b) remain in Scouts will continue to be taught and forced to treat a lifestyle they believe to be morally wrong as normal.

I think we, as a country, need to really study this belief that unrestrained inclusiveness in all things is somehow automatically virtuous. A huge component of freedom is the ability to live one's own life and not have another person's ideals forced upon them.

At least that's my opinion.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    c) The Scouts will become the brunt of gay jokes, bringing increasing disrespect to an incredibly awesome organization.

Well, kids already make fun of boy scouts for being boy scouts. What's one more type of joke?

Gay Kid Excited To Be Made Fun Of For Second Thing | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

SUGAR LAND, TX—Shortly after reports surfaced today that the Boy Scouts of America had voted to lift its ban on gay youths, local homosexual child Max Lovell, 14, told reporters that he was looking forward to joining the organization and finally being ridiculed for another thing. “This is great. I get made fun of every day for being gay, but now I’ll be called a dork, too,” said the enthusiastic Lovell

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and as a libertarian, I see both sides of the issue.

Its a private, religious based organization. Why not allow them to refuse entry those they consider immoral and therefore dont fit within the confines of their doctrine/charter? How is being gay any different than being a compulsive liar/cheater/etc? Both apparently are against the core beliefs of the scouts. (not that they are in any way related)

And on the other side of the coin, if you are gay, why would you want to associate yourself with an organization that feels you are immoral and violating their core fundamentals? Is scouting REALLY that important?

Whats next, petitioning the National Organization of Women to allow men? Why are they discriminating based on gender? Isn't gender discrimination bad? :D

Top Bottom