• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    muslim extremists may be more well known in this era but for hundreds of years millions of people have been tortured and murdered in the name of a god or religion. no one occurance is any better or worse than another! but i would imagine that if it were possible to add up the extreme acts of violence by groups of other faiths in different time periods that the acts of current muslim extremists would "pale in comparision".
    Exactly. Currently, there may be more muslim extremism. 30, 50, 200 years ago? Highly doubt that was the case.

If it wasn't true, then there wouldn't be a wiki page. Christian terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Hate to break it to you boys and girls. As cool as these photos are, they are doctored...

egypte_32.jpg

What is wrong with this picture? (Hint, look to the right. Something or some one was omitted.)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    muslim extremists may be more well known in this era but for hundreds of years millions of people have been tortured and murdered in the name of a god or religion. no one occurance is any better or worse than another! but i would imagine that if it were possible to add up the extreme acts of violence by groups of other faiths in different time periods that the acts of current muslim extremists would "pale in comparision".

Another side to this... the "West" has been having problems coming from the areas known as Persia and the Middle East for thousands of years. Since long before there was even such a thing as Islam.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Another side to this... the "West" has been having problems coming from the areas known as Persia and the Middle East for thousands of years. Since long before there was even such a thing as Islam.
    Arguable as to who started what. One could assume they have a different perspective and history book so it wouldn't be wise to think you know for certain who's "right."

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    lets not get this one locked due to violating the religious ban here, please. not trying to be your mommy, I just wanna keep discussing this issue.

the talk doesnt offend me personally even though im not religious, but its against the rules of the forum.

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    Please spare me the self rightous smug superiority. Get out a ledger sheet and list all the extremist activity by Islam on one side and then do the same for Christianity/Hinduism/Buddism and what ever else you want to include. It pales in comparison to the evil that has been perpetrated by the muslims. To believe or say other wise is to willfully walk around with your head shoved up ur arse. Feel free to believe however you want, but please dont peddle that load of crap to me, I know better.

Yes I know better also. But all of my experience is first hand, first person .
    I've seen things that would make you throwup for days and lay in a fetal position.
    Continue to extend your hand in outreach to these people .

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Those were good pics. Of course, all the guys in black are gone now. They were driven off by the protesters and they're hiding in their barracks.

While food does play a role in this uprising, it's just a minor part. The people are really fired up and want freedom. They know they'll get bread, when that comes, because jobs will flow from it, too.
    I liked this movie I ran across. It sums up things quite well.

YouTube - The Most AMAZING video on the internet #Egypt #jan25

That video is just plain powerful. It shows human element that is unmistakable. These people are filled with passion, and it is hard not to empathize.

Please spare me the self rightous smug superiority. Get out a ledger sheet and list all the extremist activity by Islam on one side and then do the same for Christianity/Hinduism/Buddism and what ever else you want to include. It pales in comparison to the evil that has been perpetrated by the muslims. To believe or say other wise is to willfully walk around with your head shoved up ur arse. Feel free to believe however you want, but please dont peddle that load of crap to me, I know better.

Crusades, cleansing of "satin worshipers", "witches", and "unholy" during the Enlightenment period; as orchestrated by the organized Church of the time, destruction of the Native people in the Americas, etc. I know there are more, those are just off the top of my head, and those are just the responsibility of the Christian church. Oh, and those are only incidents of mass murder or organized murder (genocide). Those clinging to Judaism have been murdering Muslims (and vice-versa) for as long as history has existed, but there are several incidents where it has been initiated by the Jewish people (and vice-versa).

If you honestly believe that Islam is an "evil" religion, you are ignorant. No religion is without its crimes or extremists. There are far more peaceful Muslims in the world than there are extremists. I want to point out that if Western Nations would just stay out of the Muslim world's business (this includes meddling with Israel), then they probably wouldnt have issue with us. When was the last time you heard of a suicide bomber in Japan? Or Sweden? Finland? China? They have no bone to pick with those nations. We (prominent Western nations, and Russia) have been way to involved in the region for so many different reasons that the people in those regions hate us. Not for religious reasons, but because at one point in time some where in history, we screwed them. Im not talking screwed them as a whole, I am talking murdered someone in their family, stole land from them, destroyed the school they were attending, etc. The few that are "extremists" (IE Muslim terrorists) cling to ideas that have been handed down to them by those who have been wronged, or who genuinely believe in a pure world, not unlike how the Christian (Catholic) church used to dream of a world where they could convert EVERYONE, and those that didnt convert could simply be eliminated.

McKinney19D

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Southport Indy
    whoever they replace Mubarak with, is probably going to be 10x worse. osama wanted Mubarak killed in 1995 because he was too friendly with the west. this is just extremist muslims using a crisis to put themselves in power as the saviors, to protect the people from the evil christian capitalists. then comes the attacks on israel again. atleast that would sense.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Sorry I don't see what you're talking about...:dunno:

If you are being a funny guy then I:P

If you are being serious then in front of the lone guard to the right you can see that something has been cut from the picture. Also, there is a square just in front of him and up that looks like its clearly chopped in.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Interesting to note the escalation of the protests. Lots more fires and crap in the a later days.

I thought the same thing. Seems, contrary to some people's beliefs here, Arabs are human too. Who'd a thunk it. :rolleyes:

Your ignorance is showing. Arab =/= Muslim. Muslim=/=Arab.

I've got no beef with the Arabs. I have no regard for the Muslim. If they happen to be both, their Arab side can sit at my dinner table anytime. Their Muslim half can too....if they don't mind pork chops.

On a serious note: since there is no way to tell the "radical, extremist" Muslim from the "moderate" Muslim by sight alone, I'll have to assume for the sake of preserving my own hide, that the one standing in front of me is hiding a bomb under his jacket and act accordingly. If I'm wrong, I'll be sure to apologize. If you're wrong, I'm dead. I don't like those odds.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If you are being a funny guy then I:P

If you are being serious then in front of the lone guard to the right you can see that something has been cut from the picture. Also, there is a square just in front of him and up that looks like its clearly chopped in.

That's his riot shield?

ETA: Why do you think something has been cut? Just because there's nothing between him and the other police? The streets are wet and the reflections can make things look like they are/aren't there. Looks to me like he's just running to the line to join his group.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's his riot shield?

ETA: Why do you think something has been cut? Just because there's nothing between him and the other police? The streets are wet and the reflections can make things look like they are/aren't there. Looks to me like he's just running to the line to join his group.
    Looks legit to me. I thought thats what the poster might be talking about, but I thought I would ask first. It's simply a reflection on wet pavement and his riot shield just happens to be lined up with his leg like that.:dunno:..

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Oh, and those are only incidents of mass murder or organized murder (genocide). Those clinging to Judaism have been murdering Muslims (and vice-versa) for as long as history has existed, (snip)

You are aware that Islam has only been around since 610 A.D.....unless your history book only goes back 1400 years, you may want to check you facts. Now if you want to talk about Hebrew/Arab conflict, that's been around since sometime near 1800 B.C. Again, if your history book only goes back 3800 years, you may want to buy a new history book.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom