• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OMG-ZOMBIES

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Thanks for your original post. I hope to commit it to memory. It is frustrating for Piers and others to get their 2A guests so riled up that they look like nut cases. (Some already are) But if they stuck to your comments they might appear to be the level headed one in the room.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Carmel
    This is tinfoilhat territory. The 2nd amendment is safer than it has been in decades. There are no serious threats to firearm ownership on the horizon. Stop taking the nonsense the NRA and GOA sends you to drum up donations seriously and you'll live a much less stressful life.

Cue ten pages of ranting about the UN and Obama and Feinstein and whatever other boogeymen you all are worked up about this week. :rolleyes:

Just found this thread after it's been dormant a while...
    So, Jrogers, your post was from November 23rd. Do you still feel this way?

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    That could NEVER happen here. No way! This is America, isn't it?

I mean the 1st Amendment, that's like STEEL PLATED FOR SURE NEVER GONNA BE VIOLATED, right? But you know, those gun-rights nut jobs, they really need to be locked up for what they are saying! All they do is go around spouting off about this right and that right. It's so annoying and they are just PLAIN WRONG! We need to save the children from their nutty and DANGEROUS ideas!

The 2nd Amendment, that old thing? We all know that was just there so that people could hunt for food. Who does that anymore? And really, they don't want all the guns gone, just the really really bad ones. Nobody needs a "mass-murder-weapon-of-war assault rifle" in civilized society.

The 4th Amendment? Well that's kinda-sorta important. Unless, of course, peace and safety are a concern. Then, well it's ok that it gets violated. I mean only people who worry about the 4th are those who have something to hide. I'd be ok being searched, as long as it saved the children, I mean I don't have anything to hide.

And what about the 5th Amendment. We ALL know anyone who takes the 5th is GUILTY! They should just automatically lock those guys up!

This is VERY SLIPPERY SLOPE and we're already on the steep part accelerating downward.

Making "peace" with the anti-constitutionalists (like Obama, Feinstein, Cuomo, Bloomberg, et. al.) is like trying to decide on what's for dinner with a LION. No matter what you "agree" on, YOU ARE STILL on the menu!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I know this is an older thread, but I like to collect similar information in similar places. Anyway, a point made earlier in the thread is that our right to bear arms is an extension of the right to life and hence the right of self-defense. If this is true, then it can be argued it is part of natural law and predates and supersedes the state. I thought the following article (noticed in another thread) followed this line of thinking nicely (and contrasts it with vigilantism).

Dear New York Times, Self-Defense Is Not Vigilantism | National Review Online

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I can't imagine having a Right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness and NOT have a Right to defend them. I believe the Founding Fathers to be the greatest collective group of moral, learned genius's ever to assemble at a single time.

Compare now to todays scheisters .......

FTFY

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This is tinfoilhat territory. The 2nd amendment is safer than it has been in decades. There are no serious threats to firearm ownership on the horizon.

Today, I agree with you. And it hurts me greatly to admit that.;)

The government, media, and the ignorant are not that great of a threat, but we are one Supreme Court justice away from a 180 turn in recent court victories.

Our current divided .gov can't agree on what to order for lunch, but say the midterm election gives the Dems control of Congress. What then? DiFi's assault weapons ban would not only become law, it would get enhanced to the point that your air rifle would be considered an assault weapon.

While we can take heart in the fact that things have been going good for the pro-2A forces, we are only one election or one heart attack away from having the tables turned.:twocents:

Top Bottom