• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've been waiting since December to get a new truck, and Toyota finally got my special order built and delivered. Even after all the anticipation, this Tacoma is better than I'd expected.

And thanks to the guys staffing the INGO table at this winter's 1500, I've even got a decent front plate that makes the truck look even better!

tacoma_zpscmpjdlsi.jpg

:rockwoot:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Nice truck.

I've been :drool: over the Tacoma TRD Pro for nearly a year now. But with two small kids and only one income, it's not in the cards right now.

I am uber jealous.

eric001

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It's the TRD Sport 4x4 double cab. The only engine Toyota offers for these bad boys is the 3.5 V6. Still, 278hp and 265 lb-ft isn't anything to sneeze at.

I do kinda wish they were going to offer a supercharger like they used to for the 4.0's, but I've heard that's not in the works for now, maybe ever...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Very nice! I want a nice, big 4x4 pickup. Maybe someday. But for now with all the driving I do, and to keep costs down I'll stick with my subcompact cars. I just cant justify the added expense of more cost, higher gas bills, higher maintenance costs (truck tires and other parts are more expensive than small car parts), etc. just to shuffle my 150lbs down the highway by my lonesome. I can only justify the 4x4 2 months out of the year, and the need to move big, dirty things only comes up every once in a while. Paying the guy $60 once to deliver the load of dirt for instance is still cheaper than thousands more a year in expenses.

Maybe when the kids are grown and Mrs. Monkey goes back to work (Shes a stay at home mom who home schools) I can justify it.

eric001

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    More pics, it looks bad ass!

Here ya go--sorry it took so long... hernia surgery sucks.

0326161957_zpsxjcvpzz0.jpg

One of these days I'll learn how to put big pics in... maybe.

Anyhow, the truck is awesome!! Almost makes me think it ought to be made by NASA instead of Toyota with all the auto-this, electronic-that stuff...And the engine purrs--you can't tell the difference between 50 and 80 without looking at the console. I'm looking forward to a good 20+ years out of this one, no doubt.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Very nice! I want a nice, big 4x4 pickup. Maybe someday. But for now with all the driving I do, and to keep costs down I'll stick with my subcompact cars. I just cant justify the added expense of more cost, higher gas bills, higher maintenance costs (truck tires and other parts are more expensive than small car parts), etc. just to shuffle my 150lbs down the highway by my lonesome. I can only justify the 4x4 2 months out of the year, and the need to move big, dirty things only comes up every once in a while. Paying the guy $60 once to deliver the load of dirt for instance is still cheaper than thousands more a year in expenses.

Maybe when the kids are grown and Mrs. Monkey goes back to work (Shes a stay at home mom who home schools) I can justify it.

Or when your wife gives you back your man card......

Top Bottom