• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    ROUND ROCK, TX — A young man’s baked goods could potentially land him with a harsher punishment than a rapist or a murderer. The teen faces a a maximum sentence of life in prison if convicted of using unsanctioned ingredients in his cookies and brownies and selling them to eager customers.

According to police, 19-year-old Jacob Lavoro would accommodate customer requests to bake them desserts with a special ingredient — marijuana.

When charging people with drug offenses involving baked goods, Texas law allows police to use the weight of the entire finished product when determining the severity of charge. Even if a trace amount of marijuana was used in a recipe for a pan of brownies, police use the collective weight of all the ingredients — eggs, butter, chocolate, sugar, frosting — and use that figure as the total weight of the “drug” they confiscated. With his desserts weighing approximately 1.5 pounds, he has been charged with a 1ST DEGREE FELONY.

Teen faces potential life sentence in prison for illegal brownie recipe | Police State USA

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't think this is the correct penalty range.

Let me check.

I believe it is correct.
    Texas man facing possible life sentence for pot brownies | KHON2

The charge is so severe because the recipe includes hash oil.
    That allows the state to use the sugar, cocoa, butter and other ingredients to determine the weight of the drugs.

Important to keep in mind it is a potential sentence. For a first offense, far more likely to get closer to the 5. That sentence probably wouldn't get people in a tizzy though.

Also, honestly, I'm kinda at a point where I'm ok with that range. Punk knew it was illegal. Doesn't really matter if he thought it was a joke or whatever. Responsibility: try it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    5 years in prison for brownies, the "best case scenario."

Welcome to the Land of the Free.

Yep, states' rights, baybee.

He was of age. He chose his actions for whatever reasons he had. He does not appear to have been mentally disabled. I have little doubt that he knew what he was doing was illegal, even if he didn't know the max. Its not like he would've chosen differently if he did know.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I believe it is correct.
    Texas man facing possible life sentence for pot brownies | KHON2

Important to keep in mind it is a potential sentence. For a first offense, far more likely to get closer to the 5. That sentence probably wouldn't get people in a tizzy though.

Also, honestly, I'm kinda at a point where I'm ok with that range. Punk knew it was illegal. Doesn't really matter if he thought it was a joke or whatever. Responsibility: try it.

Yep, states' rights, baybee.

He was of age. He chose his actions for whatever reasons he had. He does not appear to have been mentally disabled. I have little doubt that he knew what he was doing was illegal, even if he didn't know the max. Its not like he would've chosen differently if he did know.
    At what point do you oppose unjust laws?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    "Justice," like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. This is less about when to oppose unjust laws than it is about how.

Do you break every law you believe is unjust?

Or do you call attention to the unjust laws and try to change them?

I felt like HJR3 would be an unjust law. I tried to draw attention to the parts that I thought were wrong and influence people.

I did not go out and get gay married.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    "Justice," like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. This is less about when to oppose unjust laws than it is about how.

Do you break every law you believe is unjust?

Or do you call attention to the unjust laws and try to change them?

I felt like HJR3 would be an unjust law. I tried to draw attention to the parts that I thought were wrong and influence people.

I did not go out and get gay married.

Rosa Parks and all the others who broke Jim Crow laws knew they were violating the law and should have been punished the maximum allowed. They should have sat in their servitude and waited until the laws were changed.

While we're at it, let's give maximum punishment to all gun owners in California, New Jersey, Illinois and other states with unconstitutional gun laws when they violate them. They knew 30 round mags were banned. Roast them.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Guess ya shouldn't make pot brownies in Texas then, eh?

His customers EAT all the ingredients, so he gets CHARGED per all the ingredients. That's the way the [STRIKE]cookie[/STRIKE] brownie bounces! :laugh:

He's 19, he's an adult NOT 'a teen', most likely knew selling pot was illegal and CHOSE to do so, anyway.

What's that Ron White says? Oh yeah, "Ya can't fix stupid". :lmfao:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    While we're at it, let's give maximum punishment to all gun owners in California, New Jersey, Illinois and other states with unconstitutional gun laws when they violate them. They knew 30 round mags were banned. Roast them.

Might as well get a ticket every time you speed too, no more warnings, you knew the speed limit and chose to go faster. Off with your head!

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    How in the world is a person supposed to have any faith in the system when this kind of non sense goes on ? It's freakin food !

Anybody read the link about half way down this story about the jackass prosecutor that only has to serve 10 days for letting a man rot for 25 years ?

Disgusting .

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    How in the world is a person supposed to have any faith in the system when this kind of non sense goes on ? It's freakin food !

Anybody read the link about half way down this story about the jackass prosecutor that only has to serve 10 days for letting a man rot for 25 years ?

Disgusting .

There are still people with faith in the system?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Rosa Parks and all the others who broke Jim Crow laws knew they were violating the law and should have been punished the maximum allowed. They should have sat in their servitude and waited until the laws were changed.
    Your words, not mine.

They chose how to oppose the unjust laws. They chose EXPECTING to be punished. That was part and parcel of how they were drawing attention.

Are you really comparing this dope head to Rosa Parks? You really think he was a principled objector to the drug laws?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    5 rs in prison for brownies, the "best case scenario."

Welcome to the Land of the Free.
    In whatever land, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I think we should pass out oleander to those who don't want to deal with the consequences of their own obviously stupid behavior. It'll save them the trouble and save society the expense. Use purple as you see necessary.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    drugsrbad.jpg

Top Bottom